SOLD 1 1/2" SU MGB with reworked manifold, race ready

vintagehistoric

Set of SU carbs used on an MGB motor in an Elva. Log manifold welded and ported. Carbs modified internally. Custom short air horns. Minor shaft wear. More pictures on request. $250

Have the carbs been extensively modified (bridge removed, front piston lip angled, throttle plates knife edged etc). or just the manifold modified as seen in the pictures..?

Neil
#83 HP MGB

Sorry for the miss on responding months ago.

Bridge is visible in pic from front, but has been 'ramped' at the outer edge at eh left and right. Get a little better flow over hte bridge and much easier to start the engine. No, butterfly is not shaped.

Got busy and forgot I had these listed here. Losing storage space, so now I will be paying attention to this listing.

Carbs were flowed by Sean Brown to match a killer alloy head he had built. Do not have the printout, but top end on the dyno the SUs matched the Weber setup, but a little less in the mid-range.

Also have the bare alloy head by Sean Brown, no valves, springs, etc. The 3 main motor had 178 hp at the rear wheels. Yes, I know, lies, damn lies and dyno runs.

Have a FRESHENED 3 main motor that has been buttoned up and in storage with the valves loose. New rings and bearings, oil pump and other items as needed. Turned over regularly. Long Carrillo rods, short flat top JE pistons (Rings are above the wrist pin), OMP clutch, ARP, very light steel flywheel, SFI Spec 18.1 front pulley (I can't find a manufacturer name on it. Has a serial number though.) Can't find the cam specs right now, but it was fresh going in. All top drawer stuff, but all most all had some level of use. The motor has good parts and was built to be a spare when the killer motor was offline. The killer head was stripped to install the valves/springs on the ported cast iron head on this motor.

Carbs with manifold $250
Spare motor on a wheeled stand $2900
Killer alloy head by Sean Brown: Contact me. Sean has the new matching pistons and the head needs all the bits. I believe many vintage clubs would not accept it. Ran multiple times with SVRA.

Glad to send pics or call to fill you in.

Located in the Los Angeles area.

Cheers,
Scott

Back