prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:51 am 

The Valvoline Spridget is once again for sale. Fastest lap at the recent 2019 SCCA Runoffs National Championship. Need I say more? Fastest lap at the Runoffs at Mid Ohio in 2016. Numerous lap records and two National Championships. Arguably the fastest of its type in the country.

Two fresh top tier motors with remote oil pumps and special oil pans, two Richmond/Taylor Webster conversion gearboxes with recent rebuilds, Penske remote reservoir adjustable shocks, Huffaker/DCP rear hubs, Huffaker Gen 1 front suspension, BHP coilover/Watts link rear, Huffaker LCB stainless exhaust, 12 Panasports, 5 rears, Big Front Brake conversion, New rains and lots of spares.

This car practically drives itself. After all the years that we have been racing these cars we have gotten to the point where they are reasonably reliable, pretty competitive, and an absolute joy to drive. The days of the hand grenade motors are a thing of the past. At 11:1 they “last forever” and don’t rev high enough to be in trouble.

The special rear hub arrangement that I have completely eliminates the poor design of the OEM rear hub as well as the aftermarket fix which doesn’t really solve the problem. What I have requires the entire axle housing to be turned in a large lathe, new stubs welded on, new bearings from a roundy-round racer setup, and new top hats and Wilwood calipers. It is bulletproof and eliminates the one constant problem that most Spridgets have, including most of the “Huffaker Spridgets”. This is typical of the improvements that have been made to the original 1960’s British designs.

Various packages and price points are available including a “race to own” arrangement. Ask for details. $64,000 in parts invested, $37,000 Street Value of parts. Asking $28,000 OBO for everything. Other offers considered. Trailer and Quad may be available. A spread sheet listing everything is available for interested parties. E-mail or PM for info. Act fast and you have a choice of front end configurations, Bugeye or Square Body.

Attachments:
Race Car 2010 small 3.jpg
Race Car 2010 small 3.jpg [ 200.94 KiB | Viewed 5186 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:43 pm 

Very interested in your get back to me Charles Guest cguest1020@gmail.com or 336 207 8405

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:16 am 

The Iconic and very fast Valvoline Spridget has been sold. I am excited about the fact that it will be going to someone who can make good use of it. Eric Vickerman has shown this year that with good power and proper gearing, he was able to be at the front of some very competitive Major events and actually beat some well-known drivers. His good showing at this year’s Runoffs makes me believe that he will take it to the front at most tracks and will carry on with what I have tried to do in showing the potential of the small-bore British roadsters.

This car was clearly not for everyone. Someone once told me that I will never sell my car as a whole. Who wants to buy a top-notch car and not perform with it? It takes someone who is confident in his or her ability, while at the same time doesn’t have a car of their own that is on its way to becoming a frontrunner. There are only a few people that fall into this category, and I am very fortunate to have found Eric.

Good luck to Eric. Go fast and stay safe.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:24 am 

Great to see a fast car stay with a fast driver. You’ll be missed Ron! Hope to see you around the track from time to time.

Congrats Eric!!

#37 HP Sprite
Goodyear/Red Line/Scott Young Enterprises/Stinnett, Padrutt & Aranyosi/AllState

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:42 am 

That's awesome. Good luck to both Ron and Eric!

ruckracing honda's:
'15 & '10 Runoffs FP Champion
'10, '09, & '08 ARRC ITA/ITB Champion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:53 am 

Very excited and very grateful.

Excited to take on the challenge of keeping the Valvoline Spridget at the front of the field. Happy to stay with the LBC. Thanks to Ron for working with me on this deal.

Grateful for the friends and family who've helped me get to this point. Peter Morton got me into HP with just the parts laying around his garage plus what was left of Jay Lutz' chassis and I spent the last 8 years or so developing the Bugeye and inching towards the front.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:01 am 

Ron, it has been a pleasure to both race "against" you and to work with you in post race impound. Hope you will stay involved with SCCA. Heck, I would love to have you join our Runoffs tech team.

Our race at the 1989 Runoffs was one of the best I ever had and cherish the memory of that race. We sure made the fans happy. Only one of the two times I ever ran HP at the Runoffs.

V8 Road Racing Series Administrator
Runoffs Line Chief Tech Prod cars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:50 am 

Congratulations on the sale! It's an event with such mixed emotions, at least for me and the attachment to my original Sprite. Selfishly I had hoped that you wouldn't sell it so that you would be around to race a little more. It will be odd to see someone else in that car.

Congrats to Eric on the purchase. Curious to see how the two cars are put to use.