prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:24 am 

I just ran across some 5.5 and 7.25 racing clutch Fidanza flywheels, not as many as I did 15 years ago for you that remember that. I think I might buy the whole lot , or most of it if some of you are interested. Here's what is available

3 MG MIdget 1275 7.25" clutch (all three of these have sold, thanks )
4 MGB 3 syncro tranny 7.25 ( sales pending)
3 MGB 3 syncro 5.5"
2 MGB 4 syncro 7.25"

I should be able to get them at good, price, cheap as stock type flywheel price, or even cheaper. These are hard to come by these days. On the 1275, there are 2 lightweight steel options, neither hold up well, the aluminum flywheel's saving grace is you can renew the surface friction plate. Oh and there may be the potential have these made in the future in small runs, and of course pricing would be way better than some of the alternatives. PM or email me with your interest in these, or future availability. Right now my thinking is 1275 racers need a affordable 7.25" option in racing flywheel, I guess need to hear from you B Series engine racers to let me know how many of you are running 7.25" clutches.

http://www.acmespeedshop.com
(864) 370-3000

Last edited by Acme Speed Shop on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:51 pm 

interested in 948. Dan 404-444-2161

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:13 pm 

britcardoc wrote:
interested in 948. Dan 404-444-2161

I removed the 948 flywheel. These units have been sitting on the shelves at Fidanza for years. We had forgot their was issue with the Fidanza 948 flywheel, it sit proud of normal 948 flywheel about .150". See when they first got started doing aluminum flywheels, they worked off some sample sent in by people, and few of them ended being wrong, bastards, if you will, the 948 was one of them. We remember it was wrong, even lay my eyes on one a local buddy.

Here's the deal, Fidanza stop making, what they call multi disc flywheels, what we call 7.25" or 5.5 about 4-5 years ago. The new owner, well really he owned a few years now, has been there since the company opened and now he would like to make some small batch runs of these multi disc units for race applications. Of course some of these units would be dogs, as for sellers, some maybe decent sellers. I am going to send them a stock 948 flywheel to to cnc measure and program, they may make some for stock, or they may just keep the program for any group that would want a small batch made. Which leads to the group as whole here, what car/engine needs a aluminum flywheel set up for 7.25" that are hard to come by, prove to me, or Fidanza, it is viable part number and maybe I can help the see your point and make them. I have to admit I am clueless when it come to engines I don't work as for what is available for them, so please, anyone feel free to educate me on your application and who would buy it. Chances are Fidanza may even already represent your application in stock type clutch, but not for a 7.25" or 5.5" clutch, well maybe that can change, if there is interest.

http://www.acmespeedshop.com
(864) 370-3000