prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:07 am 

The beautiful, iconic, and fast H Production Valvoline Spridget is for sale. With six Runoffs poles, nine front-row Runoffs starts, 8 podiums, and two National Championships, this car is arguably the fastest of its type in the country. Fastest race lap at the 2016 Runoffs, as well as lap records at virtually every track visited including as of this February the current H Production record at Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, Mosport, Sebring, New Jersey MP Thunderbolt, Summit Point, Mid Ohio, New Hampshire MP, and Homestead. This car has it all and is fully sorted for radials or bias ply tires.

Includes two top-notch 1275 LP motors, two Richmond dog boxes, 8 rear ends, 12 Panasport wheels, Penske remote reservoir coil-overs, Huffaker front suspension, BHP rear with vertical Watts link, Huffaker/DCP rear hubs, Two-piece hardened axels, Huffaker exhaust, Tilton master and pedals, Tilton mechanical and hydraulic remote brake bias, big brake front conversion, Wilwood rears, special oil pans, external oil pumps, custom cold air box, Accusump, Electromotive, 12 tires with 1 to 2 heat cycles, spare everything.

This car would take well over $60K to duplicate and has a $38K street value in parts. Will sell everything for $30,000. Enclosed trailer is available. Serious inquiries only please.

Note - I will not sell parts until the roller is sold. Let me know what you want to spend and I will put together a package that meets your needs.

#4 HP Midget
HP National Champion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:30 am 

Here is a pic from a while ago.

Attachments:
1-2.jpg
1-2.jpg [ 67.38 KiB | Viewed 1458 times ]

#4 HP Midget
HP National Champion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:04 pm 

So that's what the front looks like......most of us are only used to seeing the rear.

Good luck selling her, Ron. This will free up more time to visit Michigan microbreweries.

Dayle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:46 am 

WOW .. that comes as a surprise ... but all good things must come to an end ... some just last longer than others ...
:o

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:02 am 

Hell of a nice car.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:53 am 

Ron has always been a front-runner with this car since I have been racing...and I always knew there would be a race on my hands if he was at the track. Really great car. Really well prepped. Really well driven. GLWTS.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:10 pm 

Have watched this car race, and WIN, all 32 years of my life. Sad to see you retire Ron, but all the best to you and Jeanne in the next phase of life. Hope to still see you at the track from time to time.

#37 HP Sprite
Hoosier/Taylor Race Engr/Red Line/Stinnett, Padrutt & Aranyosi/Six Shooter Coffee/Capital Planners

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:20 pm 

Thank you all, both here and in private messages, for the kind words.

This car is truly a joy to drive and unlike many LBC's it has all of the weak points replaced over the course of the 35 years or so that it has been raced, so it is extremely reliable. We had six regular season poles, six wins and two lap records at Majors and Hoosier Super Tour events, and all we did was put in gas and change tires. The top hat failure at the Runoffs was totally my fault with loose bolts on an otherwise bulletproof rear hub arrangement borrowed from the roundy-round boys. I have not had to touch the rear hubs and seals for 12 years since I installed it and it will be fixed.

As for spares, in addition to what is listed above, I have 40 plus years of spares including gear sets, electromotive, clutch covers and discs, engine block, crank, 3 heads, stock trans, springs, axles, fenders hood, bumper, radiator. In all about $7500 in value just for spares.

When I say everything goes with the car, I mean everything.

#4 HP Midget
HP National Champion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:59 am 

Ron Bartell wrote:
When I say everything goes with the car, I mean everything.

Well ... almost everything ... driving skill doesn't come bundled with the hardware. ;)

Ron - it's been a pleasure to watch you race so well for so many years. Best wishes as you take the next steps in the journey we call life.

Kelley Huxtable
"PLAY SAFE"
DMVR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:38 am 

It goes without saying that this is a great car. You wont find a faster, nicer or more iconic HP car. Period.

Ron, I'm very sorry to see you retire. You've always been an inspiration and I wish you the best of luck at whatever you do next.

-Kyle