prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: 15x7 wheels for E/P
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:42 am 

Jesse Prather wrote:
The jongbloed wheels are 9.5 lbs but quite expensive. Like close to $500 apiece shipped.

Spinwerks went out of business years ago. Used to run them on these and the Miata's. Unfortunately they didn't run a good business and ended where that kind of business ends up.

I also have a set or two that have Circle Racing stickers on them, but the wheels look identical to the Spinwerkes. Think there might be any traction with Circle?

STU Nissan 240SX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:02 am 

[/quote]

I also have a set or two that have Circle Racing stickers on them, but the wheels look identical to the Spinwerkes. Think there might be any traction with Circle?[/quote]

Unfortunately those are probably steel. Spinwerks looked the same but were aluminum.

'83 RX7 EP #17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:07 am 

My first question is: Where are u located? Second question is: Would u buy wheels that have tires on them? (no time to dismount!!!or want to!!)? I Have 8 original Jongbloed 15x7 old school 3 pc wheels with gold centers...that came with the Malvern Racing 77' datsun 200sx...i plan on running the 13" Gotti's since i have 22 of them...NOW the JB's need cleaned up..(polished) they were sitting since 1988 (do u get my drift) and the tires have been on them since then...But!!! u will not find the this quality in any wheels under $500-1200 a piece.. Hell my 16x10 3pc BBS mesh were $700 ea back in 1989.. NOW the most important question????DO I WANT TO SELL THEM And at what Price...BECAUSE>>>>they don't make em anymore.. $250 ea. NO LESS P.S. i can send u pic's via phone. jessie got one hellava deal on his wheels,,,, BTW they are 4x4.5 bolt/0 offset

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:13 pm 

Massi Tawakali wrote:
Quote:
I also have a set or two that have Circle Racing stickers on them, but the wheels look identical to the Spinwerkes. Think there might be any traction with Circle?

Unfortunately those are probably steel. Spinwerks looked the same but were aluminum.

These are most definitely aluminumumum. I can't tell a difference between the Circle and Spinwerkes- construction methods and relief shapes are all absolutely identical from what I can see.
Maybe Circle produced them in alu for a short while?

STU Nissan 240SX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:17 pm 

Matt93SE wrote:
Massi Tawakali wrote:
Quote:

These are most definitely aluminumumum. I can't tell a difference between the Circle and Spinwerkes- construction methods and relief shapes are all absolutely identical from what I can see.

I had heard they were interchangeable from some folks. I also heard the contrary just as quickly. But if they are indeed aluminum, then I'd say more then likely you're in good shape.

What do they weigh?

'83 RX7 EP #17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:59 pm 

Massi Tawakali wrote:
Matt93SE wrote:
Massi Tawakali wrote:

I had heard they were interchangeable from some folks. I also heard the contrary just as quickly. But if they are indeed aluminum, then I'd say more then likely you're in good shape.

What do they weigh?

There might be a rim/shell thickness difference between the two, but otherwise I cannot tell a difference beside the sticker. I'll be happy to post pics, but I'm trying not to drift too far from the topic.
Wheels w/ sticker 245 Hoosiers weigh anywhere from 30.5 to 32.4 lbs each. (I weighed 4 of them- 30.5, 31.7, 31.9, 32.4 88-o ) the Spinwerkes + tire was the lightest, but obviously I can't tell if that's due to the wheel or tire given the difference between all 4. I think there are 2 offsets in that batch too, as I have sets anywhere from 3.25" to 4" backspace. (I have them mated in matching pairs and run different tire compounds front/rear.. I failed to look at which was which when I checked these a few minutes ago.)

STU Nissan 240SX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:42 am 

Matt your going back in time here.

Originally, they were all spinwerks but that company was owned by circle. They revamped everything at the end and circle was making the same aluminum wheel although heavier and more robust. Then it all died.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:30 am 

Jesse Prather wrote:
Matt your going back in time here.

Originally, they were all spinwerks but that company was owned by circle. They revamped everything at the end and circle was making the same aluminum wheel although heavier and more robust. Then it all died.

Totally makes sense, and I'd heard similar a while back but wasn't confident on the details. Thanks for the history lesson!

STU Nissan 240SX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:48 pm 

It took awhile but I found 2 sets of Volks te37 15x7 4x114.3 for my prelude on eBay.
They came out of milasia. They are strong and light. Kosei k-1 is another option to search for

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:16 pm 

I just looked on eBay. Enkei and koni's sells rims that size