Crappy old super trapp

Found an old Spec Racer Super Trap and used it later at Roebling Road on my F car when I broke out of their sound limit. Never took it back off the car. Threw away all the fancy exhausts I had made and just added or took away plates. It went with my car so maybe the guy who bought the car might give it to you.

I had one laying around in my garage for years that came off a citrus-series Miata (cuz you know the only thing they hate worse than Miatas are noisy Miatas!)

I'll check and see if it's still out there.

I hope you're not going to run it with the plates on it. I had one that the plate openings clogged so bad that one Spring start up the engine would not fire. Removed it and it started instantly.
Who'd thunk it?

Hey Mike. In the listing of exhaust tests the Super Trapp rates dead last for restrictive units and the Cherry Bombs are the next one up. We went with a Flomaster to get our 16 to 1 cr engine down to 96 db from 115 and added 4 hp.

Bob

Hey Matt, What did you find?
And thanks Bob.It's for my motorcycle. I want to cut up a perfect 96 Honda VFR exhaust so that I can add a dump pipe to the end of the header.
The race car is way too loud but every muffler has removed over 3 HP.

Hi Mike, finally got a chance to get out to the garage yesterday. no dice unfortunately. I must have tossed it when I did a scrap metal run.

Jerry... Muffler is FLO-325408. It's can is 8 1/2" with one vertical baffle on the inlet side. Bought it through Summit but the Tech folks at Flowmaster took my engine data and and pipe size and recommended the one we bought. Phone is 800-544-4761. Nice folks to work with. Glad to see you back in the game.

Bob

Back