prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Area 4 Director election
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:32 am 

As some of you may know by now, I am running for the Director position for Area 4 (OH, MI, IN, KY, WV). I am running because our current leadership seems incapable of letting the membership know what is going on. He doesn't email us with his activities, how he votes, his positions, etc. Nor does he actively seek guidance from his constituents.

I have a wide background of experience within the Club. I've been a worker at Club Racing events in Tech, F&C, Sound, Registration, etc. I've been an event Race Chair. I've served on the WMR BoD for many years (not currently). I am currently Competition manager for the region which means I oversee the various competition programs within the region. I held a National Competition license for 18 years. I currently Solo my daily driver (Chevy Bolt EV) poorly.....but with much enthusiasm. :wink:

I don't have some wild, political agenda.....I just want the membership to know what goes on at the BoD level. We've earned it since we all have skin in the game. Even the most passive member has annual dues. A worker might have travel expenses in the hundreds or thousands of dollars. And, of course, drivers (Solo or Club Racing) will have much more in expenses. With what we have invested, we should be able to know what our leadership is up to. I will do my best to make sure to seek input from the memberships and keep the membership is informed of my opinions on various topics that come before the Board.

More about my campaign can be found at http://www.wmr-scca.org/Dayle4Area4Director.

Thank you for your time and please let me know if you have any questions by emailing me offline at hdf3.wtr80@gmail.com

(please do NOT PM me through this site as I cannot respond to them)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:37 am 

I think Dayle would be an excellent choice and although he will enjoy his fair share of shrimp, he will remember his roots!

Go Dayle!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:03 am 

Here Here!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:48 am 

I'm Tom Feller and I approve this message.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:51 pm 

Could someone who DOESN’T drive a yellow LBC please step forward and endorse the campaign? As much as I appreciate the support, this is a VERY narrow demographic so far. :wink:

Dayle

(please do NOT PM me through this site as I cannot respond to them)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:00 pm 

Dayle will make a great Director. From a former Yellow HP driver.

Rod Hahnemann

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:09 pm 

Dayle Frame wrote:
Could someone who DOESN’T drive a yellow LBC please step forward and endorse the campaign? As much as I appreciate the support, this is a VERY narrow demographic so far. :wink:

Dayle

I guess I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:22 pm 

Whether or not my endorsement counts. If I was still in area 4 I know where my vote would go. Dayle is the kind of people we need on board.

FWIW. I did own a yellow lbc for a period of time

#08 EP Honda S2000
Member #310579

Last edited by Aaron Johnson on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:41 am 

I'm Ron Burgundy(?) and I approve this message.

#37 HP Sprite
Goodyear/Red Line/Scott Young Enterprises/Stinnett, Padrutt & Aranyosi/AllState

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:46 pm 

Dayle ,you ask for input

I would like to know what the 3.2 million dollars was spent on in pro racing, scca ent and ventures the last 4 years. Ventures was invented to hide the individual losses of pro and Enterprise by combining the totals and labeling them under a nondescript name.
Why cant the member know the separate losses?

The money is gone for good but what has been the reason for the expenditure? What did the members get for it?
Why won't the BOD tell the members what they did? Was there a conflict of interest they need to keep hidden? ,
Did their admitted lack of oversite allow something unethical to take place that is just too embarrassing to confess to the members?
Did any individuals benefit improperly?
Is SCCA somehow obligated to ACCUS and the FIA that required the Club to sanction the pro programs? At any loss if necessary,
Did retaining FIA memebrship persuaded the SCCA BOD to commit money to pro racing programs they knew were never going to make money?
What perks for the directors come with a SCCA, FIA membership?
Were the decisions by the BOD that caused all losses so bad that the BOD thinks it is better to look like bad businessmen than to have the real more damaging reasons to come out?
All the contracts the BOD has been blaming the losses on expired in 2018 so why can't the membership know the full story immediately?
Do the actions of the BOD violate the "continual losses" prohibition by the IRS for 501c-4 not for profit organization?
Nothing about this whole disaster makes sense and the BODs explanation doesn't ring true
If you could find out the real reasons for this massive loss, then when the members vote they would know what the incumbents have been up to and make an informed choice,

For you to work to restoring the financial credibility of the SCCA BOD during your 1st term would be a worthwhile accomplishment.

rick haynes