prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Got Cancer??
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:50 am 

Maybe you do. Most of us on this board are well past 50 ish. Please, if you have lumps and pains that were not there at the age of 50, get checked out .

Post subject: Re: Got Cancer??
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:56 am 

Protech Racing wrote:
Maybe you do. Most of us on this board are well past 50 ish. Please, if you have lumps and pains that were not there at the age of 50, get checked out .

I'm only 42, but everything hurts and I have no energy.. where can I send this old bag for a restoration?

STU Scion FR-S

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:24 pm 

Been there, done that. Got the T-Shirt!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:11 am 

Matt,

In all seriousness, get a good bloodwork drawn, and look specifically at testosterone, free testosterone, T3 and T4.

Even in our 40's, some men have already dropped very low, and low T is the root cause of a whole host of shit. Especially fatigue and cloudy brain. But also type 2 diabetes, insomnia, etc. And just wait another decade and watch the cascade failures.....

Scott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:51 am 

Thanks, Scott. low T is always a running joke, but does explain lots of things. Age, bad joints since childhood, and sedentary lifestyle also explain a lot of it. Currently I'm working from home any my desk is 6ft from the bed. I have to force myself to go outside move around every day, let alone actual REAL exercise.

But I do intend to bring this up to my doc at next physical (I'm due but have been procrastinating due to COVID. how often do you come out of the doctor more sick than you went in?).

STU Scion FR-S

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:07 pm 

I'm 58 and when I hit my mid 40s I had noticed a decline in my libido and weight gain, just general malaise.
I really didnt like what was going on, I was always athletic as I was younger.
On my wife's suggestion went to see a Dr that specializes in hormones and life extension (NOT my regular MD who is not very hip on this stuff).

We tested everything, full male hormonal workup.

My thyroid was all out of whack, iron low, Testosterone low, Vitamin D low. I was kind of a wreck.
The thing was as far as my normal MD would be concerned these represented no "medical" problems just normal "getting old" problems.
Nothing he or any other regular MD would have ever tried to fix other than give me some printed out textbook diet and say exercise.

To paraphrase my life extension Dr, by the time you hit your 40s nature is done with you, its trying to kill you off to thin the herd for the younger stronger bucks. All the things that make you strong and virile basically just leave your system. Its perfectly natural. Its natures way of keeping the herd stronger. He said "we can fix that".

Most guys dont notice it as it comes on so incrementally and usually their pier group is going through the same thing so they all just get old and fat together.

The new hormone Dr got me sorted out 100%. Went on TRT, bioidentical Thyroid replacement back to 100%, supplement Iron, Vitamin D.
All my labs are reading like I was 20 again.

At the same time I hit the gym, I go 5 days a week and have been for over 10 years and now I can say I'm in better shape than I was in my 20s.
I feel like a teenager again at 58.

If any guy I ever talk to starts feeling "older, sorer, slower, etc" I heartily suggest to anyone who will listen to see a hormonal replacement / Life ExtensionDr (not a regular MD who you see for your annual check up).
It 100% changed my life. I'm like an evangelist for it.

88 BMW M3 - SPU #98

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:14 am 

Good comments, cause I'm there right now.

STU Scion FR-S

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:51 am 

Jimmy hit it on the head.

I use subcutaneous pellets. A really good friend of mine tried those, but his body absorbed so quickly he then crashed badly. He now uses every other day micro injections. Self administered. His Doc send him a kit every month, with everything necessary. Costs about 50% less than the damn pellets. He has not been this good in 10 years.

Guess who i am about to talk to....

The guy my friend uses is out of texas, writes up blood work orders, does skype style interviews and appointments, and gets fantastic results.

I was in the same place you are now Matt. I'm down to 220 from 280, and everything but my eyesight and hearing is much better...... Hearing i killed blowing things up and breaking shit in my youth.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:09 am 

heh.. I be in TX too. If you can provide contact info of that guy, it will save me from looking around Houston (and it's 100,000 doctors) for a guy.

STU Scion FR-S

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:22 am 

https://vikingalternative.com/

My friend has been working with a Kristen Letendre.

They do everything with tele med.

Good luck!