prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:05 am 

Hello. Could anyone on the forum suggest a commercial carrier with an enclosed trailer. (say around 12-16 feet in length) and a pickup/4500 series or smaller,/ to ship a car from Oklahoma City to North Central Arkansas, distance will be between 375-400 miles using I- 40 and US 67/167. The car will not start but there will be 4 people to help with loading. (dove tail on trailer would be helpful)/ This route will be all 4 lane with about 30-35 miles of intermittent 4 lane and 2 lane with passing zones. There will be 1 medium size urban area to deal with and a few stop lights but is 4 lane thru the town. Appreciate any suggestions on this service and THANKS!!! Jerry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:46 am 

I use UShip.com for this stuff.
Have done it 5-6 times with good success.
One man operations have been easier to deal with and take more care than the large freight companies (middle men) that bid.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:03 am 

I used UShip with success as well, but they just broker the deal to a smaller company. He showed up in Houston area with an open rollback/flatbed and drove it to Miami, Fl on the back. Cost me about $800. When the driver was picking up, he gave me his company card and said he'd do it for $500 without going through UShip.

Anyway UShip has been pretty good for brokering the deal- I haven't heard much bad about it, but they simply are a middleman brokering deals with carriers.

Another one I've heard of in high regard is Horseless carriage. They're a 'premium' shipper though.. https://www.horselesscarriage.com/transport/

Any issue with using a private trailer? timeframe? There's a Majors at Hallett in about 3 weeks, and maybe someone headed east can pick up the car in OKC and get it at least to Hallett, then another going the other way after the race... But I may be inventing hassles you don't want to deal with. :)

Edit.. another suggestion is to reach out to NEOKLASCCA folk (they used to have an active website/forum), and see if someone wants a weekend road trip.

STU Scion FR-S