prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:31 am 

Don
I could not agree more, even if the one seen as an AH is me. An open and free exchange of ideas and points of view are
as essential to a well-run organization as it is to a free country. Censorship damages those goals and has never benefited
anyone but the ones in control.

rick haynes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:41 am 

Greg Amy wrote:
Policy Announced: SCCA Brand Usage in Social Media

Quote:
In keeping with a multiyear effort to enhance and improve the experience of being an SCCA® member, the Sports Car Club of America® is enacting a new social media policy, effective immediately.

https://www.scca.com/articles/2013509-g ... dia-policy

https://cdn.connectsites.net/user_files ... 1583423087[/

What kind of dressing would you like on that "word salad" ?

Tom B.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:02 am 

To those who compiled this doctrine. Being a Champion of the club, starts at the top. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to register that to lead, requires to set an example. Hidden in the missive is a form of protection for actions that are not in the best interests of the club and its dues paying membership. Censorship is the cowards way out. What's next, book burning? Self inspection is definitely needed from the leadership, otherwise the club will return to its socially restricted roots of the 40's and 50's.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:46 am 

How about using your name when you post. Like to know who is preaching at us.

V8 Road Racing Series Administrator
Runoffs Line Chief Tech Prod cars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:04 am 

FP Racer wrote:
How about using your name when you post. Like to know who is preaching at us.

That would not be the internet if we have to own what we say...

Joe Harlan Member #175515

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:09 am 

To those who compiled this doctrine. Being a Champion of the club, starts at the top. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to register that to lead, requires to set an example. Hidden in the missive is a form of protection for actions that are not in the best interests of the club and its dues paying membership. Censorship is the cowards way out. What's next, book burning? Self inspection is definitely needed from the leadership, otherwise the club will return to its socially restricted roots of the 40's and 50's.

rick haynes

There, does that help you now Jim? name or not, the ideas voiced are no less valid.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:12 am 

Rick, obviously not directed at you.

Joe, you're so right. Maybe I need to get a Secret Internet Name (SIN) and then I can call a spade a spade.

Gosh, it's going be nice to go to race this weekend, VIR. See you there.

V8 Road Racing Series Administrator
Runoffs Line Chief Tech Prod cars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:23 pm 

FP Racer wrote:
Rick, obviously not directed at you.

Joe, you're so right. Maybe I need to get a Secret Internet Name (SIN) and then I can call a spade a spade.

Gosh, it's going be nice to go to race this weekend, VIR. See you there.

Don't get me wrong, I believe we should hold those we put in charge be responsible with our club and they need to hold the president and staff to a very high standard, the idea that the club could remove my membership for expressing my displeasure of the job they are doing is pretty much kinda BS...

Joe Harlan Member #175515

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:00 pm 

No "pretty much kinda" about it.

Let's face it, Rick is an asshole, I am an asshole, you are an asshole, Jim can be an asshole. it is a common problem, everybody has one. Some have 2 :)

Civility is important, but expressions of unhappiness, displeasure, and disgust are also important.

I get that the club wants to present a Happy, conflict free image. I would submit that that horse left the barn 40 years ago, and that the way to put her back in the barn is sunshine and openness. It is not the people who sued the club over violated contracts and such that wanted sealed settlements and confidentiality. It is not the membership that wants the Pro waste of money hidden, or, backing up a few years, the end of national and Regional licenses, etc.

Personally, I think Lee is a generally straight shooter and Rick is off target, but Ricks underlying point, inelegant as it is, is spot on.

Scott Sanda, 2nd generation SCCA, 28 year member, racer, worker, Ex RE, Ex local BOD and CRB member, national Adhoc ex member, Regional series sponsor, June Sprints sponsor and father of a 3rd Gen SCCA racer. (In case anyone wants to know....)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:03 am 

Quote:
1.3.1. The greatest hazard of social media is when unfounded rumors and mistruths, extreme negativism and complaints, mean-spirited personal attacks and unreasonable disagreements are posted and not addressed by a Moderator. This can cause discomfort amongst Members and make the SCCA look unappealing to potential Members, Visitors and Guests. Lighthearted jokes or offhand comments, simple teasing, and other isolated incidents are fine unless and until it demeans or disparages someone.

1.7.1. The SCCA is dedicated to the highest standards of safety and sportsmanship. Any form of misconduct that undermines the integrity of the SCCA can negatively impact the perceptions or beliefs about the SCCA, debilitate morale, and interfere with safety, work effectiveness and fun. Whether they occur in-person or online, these behaviors are in direct opposition to the Code of Member Conduct and the SCCA Mission, Vision and Values and the Welcoming Environment and will not be tolerated.
Unsportsmanlike conduct is an offense that violates generally accepted SCCA rules of good sportsmanship and participant conduct and includes any behavior that unreasonably or negatively impacts another’s experience with the SCCA, even outside of events. Members whose appearance, associations or affiliations at or away from an event are deemed inappropriate or who exhibit conduct that is offensive, abrasive, in bad taste, or otherwise inappropriate or exhibiting conduct unbecoming a member may result in suspension from official SCCA online (social media) sites, events and other Club activities. The most severe infractions could result in revocation of membership.

Holy Crap!!! I guess we're all Snowflakes looking for a "safe space" now... didn't used to be. I remember my mother once lecturing my brother and me like this, but I've been on my own for close to 60 years and still retain some dated notion of individual liberty. When I make an ass of myself, it's of myself and no one else. SCCA officials used to do this all the time (in the past, won't speak to the present) but I still thought the SCCA run events were the best.

Anyway, I think the club hierarchy needs to grow a hide and recognize that we all need to blow off steam from time to time - right or wrong - and accept it as a kind of love. We wouldn't gripe if we didn't love the sport.

Quote:
...Members whose appearance, associations or affiliations at or away from an event are deemed inappropriate...
So what do you think about face tattoos?... just asking.

Dave Brown

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next