prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:05 am 

I expected to see " no skirts above the knees" .
At an event or away? Dress code? Really ??

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:21 am 

crit·i·cism
/ˈkridəˌsizəm/
noun
the expression of disapproval of someone or something based on perceived faults or mistakes.

How is this new policy going to work? Is criticism of the new policy a violation of the policy? Who will decide if a violation takes place? Will it be the very people that might be the targets of the criticism? is that a conflict of interest? Is it possible that scca members will see the enacting of this new policy as an attempt to make the directors of the club immune from legitimate criticism? Who in the club will decide what criticism is legitimate or if any criticism will be allowed at all under the new policy? Will there be a new scca person hired to keep a lookout for any comments that might upset persons in high places? Is it possible that in the future the new policy could be used by an unscrupulous BOD to repress alternative points of view not held by them? Are there any protections for the members with less favorable [to the BOD] positions on club policy and BOD behavior?

Since the wording in the new policy is very subjective and open to interpretation if a member wishes to express dissatisfaction with a club official or the club itself will there be an official club censor that the comments can be submitted to for approval prior to publication so as to avoid violating the new policy?

Is calling someone a public jerk on social media a violation of the new policy?

Given the draconian penalties for violations of the new SCCA New Social Media Policy, I think it is only fair the Bod and the club tell the membership how it is going to be used. Because as it now stands it sounds like " if you say anything we don't like, we will kick you out of scca"

Have I already violated the policy? and is it even possible to critique, evaluate, disagree with or criticize the bod without violating the policy?

And stating that "This has been in the works for some time now" means nothing, because so has the criticism that this new policy is aimed at eliminating.

rick haynes

Last edited by rick haynes on Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:45 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:30 am 

Rick, you should be careful. Your already on "double secret probation".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:11 am 

zChris wrote:

after today, triple.

STU Scion FR-S

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:51 am 

zChris wrote:

who delivered the medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner, every halloween the trees are filled with underwear. Every spring the toilets explode.

88 BMW M3 - SPU #98

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:44 pm 

This is just getting ridiculous. First they deny me my 2nd amendment right to carry firearms in the car and now I have to kiss my 1st amendment rights goodbye... where does it end? I suppose the last to go will be the 14 amendment which bestows SCCA membership on any babies born in the racecar... "cause, you know, "we need the dues"...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:53 pm 

With apologies to Carly Simon, “You probably think this policy’s about, you’re so vain....”

This policy is more likely about the fiasco that is/was the FaceBook SCCA Members page.

Just MHO.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:56 pm 

In my opinion, the "experience was enhanced' more when Rick (and others) was allowed to call me a "dumb shit" without fear of Big Brother!

"The floggings will continue until morale improves"

RJS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:02 am 

As long as the implied threat of retribution is not wielded to lash out against members - even Rick - who raise valid questions regarding subsidization of money-losing pro series and the club's unwillingness to share with the membership (i.e., the folks who pay their dues) about how much is going to cover the losses and unretired debt owed by SCCA Enterprises. I don't think that the realtively small membership of the prodracing site constitutes a threat to the club honchos in terms of disseminating publicly embarrassing information, at least nothing that rises beyond any reasonable limits on free speech as guaranteed by 1st Amendment. Maybe someone should print up some "1A" stickers for the prod group.

#27 H Prod Midget
WDC Region

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:52 am 

I'm reminded of a memorable line from a TV lawyer show. " I stand on my constitutional right under the 1st amendment to speak up and identify an asshole when I see one"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next