prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:40 pm 

And if you dig deep enough it's likely to cave in on you. :applause:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:24 pm 

In anticipation of running for area 4 director in 2020 I contacted Mary Hill at SCCA early in 2019 for all the bylaws on elections and a copy of the petition sheet. I had decided if the losses in venture continued in 2019 I would give it a try

At VIR in Oct. I had a talk with Lee Hill that lead to my unfavorable opinion of him.

On Oct 18 I described that conversation on the prodracing site and made it clear that Lee had lied to me

lee Hill at that time felt no need to reply to my charge, Why should he? He is the powerful chair of the SCCA BOD and I am a nobody on an obscure web-site.

On Oct 21 I repeated the story of Lee lying to me.

Lee still did not think it necessary to refute me

The end of January I talked to some local Ohio valley region members that had gone to the national convention to see if SCCA pro racing had been brought up in any of the meetings, I was told "yes" and after much prodding, the BOD admitted to another loss, this time of $750,000.00. I was hoping for different news as that was the only idem of club business that would get me to do all the work it will take to run.

On the 1st of Feb I went to the Ohio valley region business meeting to get my petition signed by as many people as would help me.

On Feb 22 this year I related what I had learned about the 2019 losses on the web-site and what I thought about the abilities and the behavior of lee Hill and a BOD that let this happen for the 4th year in a row.

Up in till now Lee Hill has never taken the time to address any members' concerns about this matter on the web-site

On Feb 26 lee Hill posts that he will try to get me thrown out of SCCA.

Interesting timeline

Is Lee and the BOD members really that frightened to have someone on the SCCA's Board with them that will not go along with the present way of doing business, will ask questions and demand answers, cut through the secrecy, and will not care what anybody thinks about it?

or is lee's timing just a very odd-looking coincidence

rick haynes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:56 am 

rick haynes wrote:
or is lee's timing just a very odd-looking coincidence

I suspect it has more to do with your being a public jerk.

Can't wait for the new SCCA social media policy to get published.

Edit: edited to make nouns more family-friendly.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:02 am 

GA for BOD.. What else R ya doing?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:50 am 

This lack of financial transparency is ridiculous.
Tossing a club member for holding the BOD's feet to the fire is ridiculous. Rick can be a little rough around the edges but his heart is in the right place.
What is the BOD trying to protect? We are not building some high end piece of technology where the IP needs protection. Is the BOD worried that by disclosing all the financials IMSA
may launch on open wheeled series. We're a club of like minded individuals.
If the BOD is embarrassed about the losses, put 'em out there (i.e. disclose them), be embarrasssed and then lets move on to the fix.
ez

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:30 am 

"never responded on the web site" None of this crap should be on a web site... period.

Bob

Last edited by Bob Hess on Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:22 am 

I completely support Rick's position on this. As someone who has pushed back many times, been screwed many times (by SCCA), I understand his frustration. He obviously has tried many times to initiate a conversation. It is interesting that only by posting a scathing letter to a public forum does he get any result. And that result is a threat to throw him out of the club.

The person in question would have spent less time simply answering the questions. Questions that I would like answered also. How hard is it for a "stand up guy" to stand up and give specifics to how much has been squandered and more importantly how is it going to be stopped. Certainly no gag order can stop the club from telling it's members the truth about it's finances. I've heard the rumors about the piss poor, pie in the sky contracts the SCCA signed. It would be nice to know the truth.

David Mead
333191 (if I bother to pay my dues)
Tacoma WA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:05 pm 

To Lee Hill - I know that you are probably following this thread since it has the potential to be so inflammatory. I am a 49 year member of the SCCA who has raced with the solo program and then a 47 year career with the road racing group. I tend to not get involved with the workings of the club. As long as they continue to provide a road racing experience culminating in the Runoffs I am on board. I complain about racing rules but don't get involved with finances.

Having said that, and having been president of small local tennis clubs I believe that the membership has a right to know what goes on with the money that they spend for dues and entry fees. Rick Hayne's questions about where the losses are coming from and how you and the other board members intend to mitigate them are germane to your job description, and short of disclosing information that is considered confidential you should be prepared to fill your membership in with any and all of this information. As you can see, Rick is not the only member that is concerned about these losses, so they need to be addressed. Getting rid of Rick as a member is not the answer.

For information, I am in a minority that is glad that the club offers a channel for an amateur racer to progress to a professional level without leaving the club, but in no way do I feel that a professional program should be subsidized on the backs of the amateurs. These programs should be self sufficient or should be dropped even if it keeps us out of the FIA consortium. I fail to see why a professional series can't pay for themselves. Please enlighten me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:42 am 

Well said, Ron!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:25 am 

I am like Ron on this as in I don't like to get involved with the financiers of the club. However, I do agree with Rick and Ron that there need to be more transparency of the loses to the members and a clear plan by the board to resolve the the loses and at least break ever with Ventures and Pro Racing or they should be sold or closed. That is only good business.

Dave Reiter
14 FP Mazda 626

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next