prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:01 am 

rick haynes wrote:
I am on the ballot for SCCA area 4 director. I am making my notice under this topic because the financials are the reason I have decided to run and this is where I would like to keep any future conversation that might take place

Marcus Merideth is the current director and he will be hard to beat if he runs again. I hear he is very popular with the solo racers which far outnumber the road racers. So based just on that winning will be a problem plus Marcus is a nice guy. I have met and talked to Marcus a few times and emailed many times.
I like him but it goes without saying we agree on virtually nothing about how the club should be run. And let me state clearly Marcus has never lied to me about anything, The main reason is he has never said anything of substance to me in response to my direct questions to him. He just said nothing but, "we don't like the way things are and we are trying the change it".

I am sure it is not lost on anyone that this is an odd place to start, what with the question being, will I get kicked out of SCCA before the election even takes place. It's clear that Lee Hill and several contributors to this website would like to see that happen. But I am encouraged that more people have expressed agreement with my position if not with my approach. But in my defense, I have written, e-mailed, gone to national conventions and talked to directors in person since 1984 [ starting with KC Van Niman] and in the last 4 years the club has lost over 3 million dollars and no one will tell the membership what happened to it. So it's clear I have been wasting my time and their's with just talking to BOD members about it..

Whatever happens with Lees' efforts to get me out of the club, I Intend to make all the correspondence [charges] from the club to me and my responses [defense] public on this form. I will expect a fair hearing but in all my years in SCCA I have never won one, so I am realistic about it.

Below are the regions in area 4. I hope to go the some of the monthly meetings to pitch my cause with the hope some people will vote for me.

Central Kentucky Region (#74)
Cincinnati Region (#70)
Columbus Sports Car Club (#64)
Detroit Region (#10)
Fort Wayne Region (#85)
Indiana Northwest Region (#75)
Indianapolis Region (#13)
Kentucky Region (#17)
Neohio Region (#24)
Northern Ohio Valley Region (#89)
Northwestern Ohio Region (#28)
Ohio Valley Region (#29)
River Cities Region (#51)
Saginaw Valley Region (#100)
South Bend Region (#35)
Southern Indiana Region (#36)
Southern West Virginia Region (#47)
West Kentucky Region (#116)
Western Michigan Region (#6)
Western Ohio Region (#86)

rick haynes

I would suggest Facebook as a campaign medium, try to get a few people to get your name out on those regions webpages and facebook pages. regions electronic newsletters are not read enough to be effective. key to the whole deal is to get people to vote.

Joe Harlan Member #175515

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:59 pm 

The contracts that the SCCA BOD blamed all the pro-racing losses on expired the end of 2018, Venture, which includes SCCA enterprise and pro-racing lost $923,000.00 in 2019. This shows what nonsense this excuse by the BOD has been all these years. 2019 loss is all the responsibility of the current directors. No one left to point the finger at.

rick haynes

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14