prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: New Trailers
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:35 am 

I need to 3rd or 4th the 16 inch tires.

My old aluminum ATC had 15's, and I lost tires regularly. After being told 16's would not fit, I put them on anyway. Needed a spacer.

Ran for 5 years, never again had an issue with tires, even after I stopped running the 2500 pound GT car and switched to the 3750 pound A sedan. Trailer made multiple runs from Illinois to Road Atlanta, Sebring and Daytona.

Tires are key.

You also cannot go wrong with Mitch Bender and Bravo Trailers. My current custom stacker is a Bravo, and it is a brick sh-t house with a heater....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:05 am 

Solved the trailer tire issue with Goodyear Wrangler D rated '15 inchers on 15 x 7 wheels that came with the trailer. Weight is just under 7,000 lbs total. Goodyear's Marathon trailer tires are now made in the US but you folks out there were pretty adamant about the success with truck tires so we went that route. We do have the 4,500 lb axles and have used them to carry much heavier race cars than our Sprites with no problems.

Bob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:09 am 

Bob Hess wrote:
Solved the trailer tire issue with Goodyear Wrangler D rated '15 inchers on 15 x 7 wheels that came with the trailer. Weight is just under 7,000 lbs total. Goodyear's Marathon trailer tires are now made in the US but you folks out there were pretty adamant about the success with truck tires so we went that route. We do have the 4,500 lb axles and have used them to carry much heavier race cars than our Sprites with no problems.

Bob

My trailer is heavier (9,000 or so) and I ran the E load Goodyears for a while. Made in China. crap. Went to Greenball. fine until they switched their manufacturing to China, then went to crap. discount tire got tired of trying to special order me tires, so they started putting carlisle on it, and they'd last a year or so before splattering themselves in the wheel wells. Goodyear has since returned manufacturing to US and I'm trying them again. so far, no issues, but it's only been ~2 years.

STU Nissan 240SX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:43 pm 

Matt - have you tried the new Goodyear Endurance trailer tire? Launched last year, it’s a premium, 100% USA made specialty trailer tire line. Most of the sizes are E ply rated, and I have heard nothing but good things from those fellow racers who have run them. They are night and day different (better) than the old Goodyear Marathon (China produced) line.

Getting a set for my trailer this year.

#37 HP Sprite
Goodyear/Red Line/Taylor Race Engr/Stinnett, Padrutt & Aranyosi/Six Shooter Coffee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:54 am 

Stiner0931 wrote:
Matt - have you tried the new Goodyear Endurance trailer tire? Launched last year, it’s a premium, 100% USA made specialty trailer tire line. Most of the sizes are E ply rated, and I have heard nothing but good things from those fellow racers who have run them. They are night and day different (better) than the old Goodyear Marathon (China produced) line.

Getting a set for my trailer this year.

that's what I'm on now, yes. bought them right after they came out, and due to life kicking me in the midsection, I've run ONE race since last spring. :(

STU Nissan 240SX