prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Notarized form now?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:32 am 

I had to re up my SCCA membership & full comp license last month.
Since when did we have to get a form notarized that we wouldn't sue SCCA or any body else?

Post subject: Re: Notarized form now?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:53 am 

Are you talking about the SCCA Hard Card form? That's always had to be notarized, or be signed/completed in front of a registrar, for as long as they've offered it. You don't have to do it, it just replaces you having to sign that same form at every actual event, which you otherwise are doing in front of a registrar and with a photo ID.

ruckracing honda's:
'15 & '10 Runoffs FP Champion
'10, '09, & '08 ARRC ITA/ITB Champion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:00 am 

All notarized;
I sent mine in with a copy that is not two color . Wrong.
I sent an older two color form in with correct dates. Wrong .
I asked for a form to be sent to me via postal , I received an email form.
Apparently; you may sign one at a race and have it sent in, Ask at registration.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:49 am 

I just don't get the whole 'Hard Card " thing.

I don't ever recall getting through the front gate of any track without having to sign their track waiver. You could be the Pope and you ain't get'n in without signing it.

Next is registration.You've got to wait your turn in line to finalize your paper work, get your wrist band , tech form etc, etc.. I don't see how any card is going to allow you to alter this process...... Perhaps maybe your" carry permit" card would if you were :evil:

So, at this point other than maybe not signing the SCCA waiver(at registration) what has having the card accomplished for you

Would someone please explain what I'm missing other than just another card in my already over- burdened wallet.

Tom B.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:08 am 

mcfoo wrote:
I just don't get the whole 'Hard Card " thing.

I don't ever recall getting through the front gate of any track without having to sign their track waiver. You could be the Pope and you ain't get'n in without signing it.

Next is registration.You've got to wait your turn in line to finalize your paper work, get your wrist band , tech form etc, etc.. I don't see how any card is going to allow you to alter this process...... Perhaps maybe your" carry permit" card would if you were :evil:

So, at this point other than maybe not signing the SCCA waiver(at registration) what has having the card accomplished for you

Would someone please explain what I'm missing other than just another card in my already over- burdened wallet.

Tom B.

^^^^^^ This,,,, a whole lot of this ^^^^^^
Still gotta stand in line, still have to register,,,, the only step it omits is actually picking up the pen and signing the SCCA waiver while you are standing at the registration window. In the time it takes them to look at your card and say "oh hard card, no need to sign this" I could have just signed it.
I have one, and have for years, but I dont know why.
I keep waiting for the benefit to appear LOL

88 BMW M3 - SPU #98

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:14 am 

mcfoo wrote:

Tom B.

Honestly? Not much. It doesn't replace the track's waiver that you'll still have to sign at registration, and doesn't replace your need to go through registration at all. It just replaces having to sign the SCCA waiver...at that window you still have to go to anyways...where you still have to sign some other waivers. So it maybe saves you a slight chance of hand-cramp, because you'll have to sign one less piece of paper at each event.

Now that all being said, and tying into what Mike said above, I've STILL made it a habit to sign that Hard Card waiver at Runoffs registration every year. Your in front of an SCCA registrar at that moment, who will legitimize it and send it in on your behalf, for $0 and effort on your part. So why not? (Note that an SCCA Hard Card will have all of your membership, license, and waiver info on it, so it replaces any other cards you might ever need or carry around.)

ruckracing honda's:
'15 & '10 Runoffs FP Champion
'10, '09, & '08 ARRC ITA/ITB Champion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:16 am 

yeah pretty much. I just drop my license on the counter at the registration desk with my logbook and sign the forms they put in front of me. it takes a whopping 1 minute at the reg table and I'm out of there, and everyone has a smile on their face.

STU Nissan 240SX