prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:07 pm 

My daughter has a 2007 Audi A4 convertible and is moving from Colorado to just outside Tampa Fl this week. It started making strange squeaking and clunking from the right front area. She took it to a dealer who checked everything he could find and tightened all the suspension fasteners but could not find the source of the noise. She is shipping the car to Tampa but knows no one there. Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the Tampa area to try to find the problem?

Jim Stinehelfer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:27 am 

If "outside of Tampa" is in the Brandon area suggest Hi-Tech Automotive. They're not specifically an Audi shop but they are very good. The owner was a BNI member with my wife and we've used them for 10 years or so. As for clunks from the right front of a 2007 Audi - almost certainly caused by worn bushings in suspension parts which requires replacement of those suspension parts since bushings are an integral part of the suspension parts - had to do that on my 2004 S4 at around 120,000 miles.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:18 am 

Thank you Exactly what I was hoping for. She will be 10 minutes away from Brandon and will make an appointment as soon as the car arrives.

Thanks again

Jim S

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:28 am 

Work has been successfully completed and car is a a happy machine again, Ball joint/control rod replaced. Not cheap but its an Audi so not surprising. Mechanics did a great job. Thanks again.
Jim