prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:17 pm 

I chipped in - looks like we'll have more H cars at Prodfest than at the RO. What's wrong with this picture? Hope everyone out there has a good, clean, safe race -

#27 H Prod Midget
WDC Region

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:02 pm 

That is a good question. I would love to hear a good answer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:11 pm 

I think it's pretty simple. The majority of racers are on the east coast. Same as the US population. Add to that the runoff's being at Road Atlanta for so long and the west coast is very unrepresented. It seems anything west of the Appalachian mountains is too far. :O) Add to that the removal of the tow fund and it makes a very long tow very difficult. But Mike I bet I'm preaching to the chior. See ya in a week !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:25 am 

Jerry Lee Oleson wrote:
I think it's pretty simple. The majority of racers are on the east coast. Same as the US population. Add to that the runoff's being at Road Atlanta for so long and the west coast is very unrepresented. It seems anything west of the Appalachian mountains is too far. :O) Add to that the removal of the tow fund and it makes a very long tow very difficult. But Mike I bet I'm preaching to the chior. See ya in a week !

I think Jerry is right on here. Add to his input that next year's Runoffs are at VIR and it's a perfect storm.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:08 am 

My sponsor said no when I said 2 weeks to go out and back and $2000 in truck gas. She said that she's not wasting 2 weeks of vacation for racing.

#10 HP SEDiv 1965 Austin-Healey Sprite
#73 HP SEDiv 1984 Honda CRX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:18 am 

EVen if the tow fund was restored (Question: would tow money be paid to the arrive n'drive set or the folks who prep & haul the cars?) California would be tough on east coasters, I thought Indy was good (except for the needle valve that stuck closed on the out lap) in terms of reachability from here - about 10 hours from DC. after a broken trans on the 1st lap at MO, then the dry carb at Indy, I personally am psyched about VIR.

at any rate, hope all goes well at Sonoma - I know some of our WDC folks are out there to work, and I wish them safe travels and express my appreciation for their selfless work -

#27 H Prod Midget
WDC Region

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:30 pm 

mmacquee wrote:
I chipped in - looks like we'll have more H cars at Prodfest than at the RO. What's wrong with this picture? Hope everyone out there has a good, clean, safe race -

Nice hijack, Mr. MacQueen. :wink:

Now let’s get back to fund raising for the Prod/GTL party so we can give some very deserving workers some much needed help with their travel expenses.

PayPal Mike some funds at captn_mikee@msn.com. I did, you can too.

Dayle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:18 pm 

Thanks for the note Dayle. I appreciate your help keeping things on track. It is never too late to send out a thank you note. Or make a contribution. I want to thank Michael MacQueen, Cory Markos, Kim Vickerman and Richard Starkweather. Your help is greatly appreciated

To all those that are on the road to Sears Point, OOPS there I go again, I mean Sonoma have a safe trip. I look forward to seeing you all.

Thank You

Mike Cummings
1953 Redwood Dr.
Martinez, Calif. 94553
PayPal captn_mike@msn.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:25 pm 

And just a reminder for everybody that needs to put their trailer in the "overflow trailer parking location" You need to fill out some simple paperwork, either @ registration or @ the guard shack.

Also, the entrance to lot #15 is via highway 121 and use gate 7. You can't get their from the track itself. Don't ask me how I know that. I took some really nice scenic paths around the upper north 40th of the track this afternoon, trying to find access to the trailer lot. DOH

#95 GTL VW Rabbit GTI
2014 Runoffs Sunoco Hard Charger - GTL
2016 Western Conference GTL Champion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:02 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next