prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:49 am 

As of this morning the car count has dropped just a bit. The current total is 514. Our group is holding at 76. Our prayers go out to all the people in the eastern part of the country with all the extraordinarily bad weather affecting them.

I have received contributions from four more drivers. If you haven’t sent in something in to help show support for the SCCA workers it is easy to do. I have a PayPal account set up lined to my e-mail address, captn_mikee@msn.com or if you would rather send me check my address is listed at the bottom of this note. And you can always bring cash to the party.

If you have any question or suggestions please sent me a note or a call.

Mike Cummings
1953 Redwood Dr.
Martinez, Calif. 94553
925-787-0423

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:13 am 

I just wanted to send out a little Thank You note for our latest contributors. Over the last few days we have had contributions from Joe Huffaker, Ian Green, Brian Linn, Jason Isley, Peter Zekert and a special Thank You to Matt Blehm. Matt is not going to the Runoffs and he recognizes the need to show support for the SCCA workers. I don’t know how it is in other parts of the country but in the San Francisco region there is a constant call for more people to volunteer for events of all types in our region. The donations you make will help us give back to them a small token of thanks for all the work they do.
If you are like me you are still trying to get your car ready for the Runoffs and you don’t have a lot of time to spare. You can show your support a few short key stroke using PayPal or by sending in a check. We need to show the workers we support them, and we can have a good time at the party.

Mike Cummings
PayPal captn_mikee@msn.com
1953 Redwood Dr.
Martinez, Calif. 94553
925-787-0423

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:04 am 

C’mon folks.....the worker corps needs your support so please help Mike out with this gig. While there are 75 folks entered in Prod/GTL, there will be hundreds of support workers coming from near and far to help put on this event. All of them on their own dime. Don’t forget, every cent goes to the worker corps......and they love the Prod/GTL community. Please don’t let them down.

In addition to the entrants, there are a couple hundred of us who aren’t going and could lend a hand. I’m not going and I’m going to a\make a pledge to pay it forward. Those of us who aren’t going can make our presence felt by supporting the worker corps.

Send your PayPal donations to Mike via his email address...captn_mikee@msn.com.

Thanks in advance,
Dayle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:42 pm 

It is time to thank two more people for sending a contribution for the Production/GTL party. Dayel Fram and Bob Hess put something into the pot. Both of these contributors are not going to be at the track but they understand the need to support the SCCA workers.

There are going to be several unofficial parties going on at the event. But how many are going to give you the opportunity to give something to the workers. This is a cash gift from you to them. I don’t know of any other party that’s doing that. But I could be wrong.

At this time we have 74 cars from the Prod/GTL ranks. From that 74 I have received 13 donations. So that leaves 61 entrants that can help show support for our workers. With the contributions from 13 drivers I have nearly enough to give a small gift to almost 20 workers. Just think of what we could do if the remaining 61 could make a donation.

A short reminder. This is a pot luck style gathering. There will be a small keg of beer and a big pot of chili to help start things off. I am counting on you to help out with contributions of more things to drink and some food items. This will help keep the cost down and number of gifts we give to the workers up.

I plan to get the keg opened and flowing soon after the last checkered falls on Wednesday afternoon. Our location is M-26. This is a corner spot just behind the grand stands.

If you have any questions or suggestion my contact information is at the bottom of this note including my PayPal account to make donating easier. If that doesn’t work for you I have my home address listed so you could send a check and if time gets short you can always bring cash.

Thank You

Mike Cummings
HP-32
1953 Redwood Dr.
Martinez, Calif. 94553
925-787-0423

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:01 am 

Hi Mike - thanks for organizing this! Glad the party moved to Wednesday, as the way our flights are working out, we may not be able to get into the facility Tuesday evening. We'll definitely be there Wednesday - Tom in tech and me on grid, so we'll be at the party. We'll try to bring some beer and would like to contribute something food-wise, but we're not going to have a fridge or cooler, so not sure anything perishable will work. I plan to get on paypal when I'm done here and will send some $$.

See y'all there!

HP VW #90

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:26 am 

Carolyan and Tom,
Thanks for the supporting the event at the track and the donation I look forward to seeing you.
It’s time to send out more Thank You notes. In the last two days I have received five more donations to the Prod/GTL party fun. Big thanks to Eric Prill, Leanna Wright, Carolyn Bayer-Broring, Paul Pienider and Michael Lewis. We need to keep this going. If you know of any sites on social media that relate to SCCA drives please pass the word around about the Prod/GTL party, including how to get donations into the fund. There may be some Prod or GTL drivers that don’t know about this unofficial gathering. The more that know of party the better chance we have of getting donations. So pass the word around that’s what I plan to do.

Mike Cummings

captn_mikee@msn.com PayPal

1953 Redwood Dr. Martinez Calif 94553

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:33 am 

It is time for a few more Thank You messages. In the last two days I received donations from Davis Arkin, Jason Stine and David Kizer. It is nearly time to get all of our toys packed up and get on the road for Sears Point, OOPS I mean Sonoma. The weather is looking like it is going to be good.
I was asked by several persons what they could do to help. The biggest help will to bring along something to share with others. Also I may need a couple of tables to put all of the food on. One of the other contributors is going on a beer and ice run. I have several plastic tubes to put your generous donations of liquid refreshments into. Have I forgotten anything? That right, any additional monitory donations. It is never too late to add more cash to the pot.
If you have any suggestions, ideas or suggestions please send them along. My contact information is at the bottom of the note along with PayPal account so you can make that last minute donation.

Thanks for your help.

Mike Cummings
1953 Redwood Dr.
Martinez, Calif. 94553
925-787-0423

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:54 am 

Where/When is the final location/time for the party?

I can also bring a table. If needed I can go on the beer/ice run as well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:35 am 

Thanks for the offer of the table we will probably will need it. As far as somebody to get beer and Ice I have another driver who has already volunteered for the duty but I will keep you in mind.

So here is a little recap on the Prod/GTL party. It is going to be on Wednesday in my pit area in the main paddock pit space M-26 on the corner right across from the grandstands South side. I plan to open the small keg just after the last checkered flag falls. To keep expenses down we are getting what I have been told is 5 gallon keg. This is pot luck so I hope we will get some donations of food and adult beverages to keep things flowing. If somebody wants to throw in another $100 or so we could bump that up to a full keg. Any takers?

Let’s have fun and raise some money for the SCCA workers

Thanks again for your support.

Mike Cummings
1953 Redwood Dr.
Martinez, Calif. 94553
925-787-0423

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:28 am 

I is almost time for people in the Eastern part of the country to start heading out through the wields of the West for the Runoffs. When I have made the trip East I usually start on Tuesday or Wednesday of the week before the event. But that is just the way I like to travel. I am looking forward to the trip next year.

Now big thanks to Bill Meyer and Joe Camilleri for sending in donations. With these we are up to 25 contributors to the Production/GTL party. It is not too late to add your name to the list of contributors. It’s getting a little late to send a check, unless you are out in the West. But you could sent something through PayPal or bring come cash to the party.

It is getting tuff to get SCCA volunteers to work our events. This is true for our Regional programs at home as well as the Runoffs. The people that come to the Runoffs from all over the country need to know that we appreciate the time and effort they go through to allow us to race. This is one way to show them our appreciation.

Thank You

Mike Cummings
1953 Redwood Dr.
Martinez, Calif. 94553
925-787-0423

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next