prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:52 pm 

At last count we are up to 50 Prod and 17 GTL entered for the Runoffs. That is a good start. I hope that more will make the decision to come out West and join the fun.
I want to thank those that have let me know that they are ready for a Prod/GTL party at the Runoffs. I have been asked how they can contribute funds for the effort. I have a Pay Pal account listed by my E-Mail address, captn_mikee@msn.com set up for just such an occasion. But if you would prefer to send me a check, my home address is at the bottom of this note. Or you can come by as see me at the track. As we have in the past all of the funds raised that do not get used for the party will be given to the workers. They do deserve our support and this is one way we can show it.

I have not gotten any information regarding other social events that are being planned. If you have heard of any please let me know. So far having our gathering on Tuesday looks good. If you have any suggestions please pass them along.

The format for the party has still not been decided. The majority appears to be leaning toward a potluck and adult beverage format. That works for me, but if that is not what people want I need to know so that more detailed arrangements can be made. That includes the people to help with setup, cleanup and cooking. Any cooking equipment, tables etc. would be needed as well.

As far as the location for our event I have been told that one of the teams has volunteered the use of some of his space. We won’t know exactly where until the information comes out in the next few days.
Please do not hesitate to send any questions or ideas you may have. Thanks, in advance for your support.

Mike Cummings
1953 Redwood Dr.
Martinez, Calif. 94553-5352

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:10 pm 

Just a little update, the total car count is now up to 498 cars. Of those there are 53 Production and 20 GTL cars.
I have just learned that there will be a Welcome party that is scheduled for Tuesday night. So it looks like our gathering is going to be on Wednesday.

As far as a location is concerned I have a pit are in the main paddock M-26 we should have room and Huffaker has said that we could use some of his space if necessary. He is just across from my space. If somebody can think of a better location let me know.

I haven’t heard any suggestions for anything more than Beer and potluck type of food. I am going to be making a big pot of chili. What can you bring to the table? Unless you want something more I think that this is what we will have.

If you are from San Francisco area and can help with getting supplies please let me know what you may be able to provide.
If you would like to make a donation I have a Pay Pal account listed by my E-Mail address, captn_mikee@msn.com all set up and ready for you. Or if you prefer you can send me a check. My address is at the bottom of the note.

What better excuse do we need to have a party than to show your support for the workers.

Mike Cummings
1953 Redwood Dr.
Martinez, Calif. 94553

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:13 pm 

Should do Bear Republic beers for the party! Local California brewery, and most of their beers have a racing/car theme!

We're going to have Racer 5 and Pace Car at the after party for the 5k Saturday night!

#37 HP Sprite
Hoosier/Taylor Race Engr/Red Line/Stinnett, Padrutt & Aranyosi/Six Shooter Coffee/Capital Planners

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:37 pm 

$50 sent via PayPal. I can pick up ice and/or kegs from BevMo in Novato

#95 GTL VW Rabbit GTI
2014 Runoffs Sunoco Hard Charger - GTL
2016 Western Conference GTL Champion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:58 pm 

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Mazda party on Wednesday night. It usually is.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:04 pm 

The total car count has been going up and down like the stock market. The last time I looked it was back to 499 but that may change before I finish this note.
I want to say a big thank you to our first two contributors. Tim Linerud and Gordon Jones they have sent in contributions to the Prod/GTL fund. Who is going to be next to support the cause?
Jason Stine has suggested we get Bear Republic beer for the party. A good California brew. Several of their containers have a racecar theme. Anybody have other suggestions? If you have a brew from your area that you find particularly satisfying please bring some along to share with the rest of us. I have a couple of special selections to share besides what we purchase. I have been told that there is a BevMo nearby that we can get kegs and ice from.
If you haven’t sent me a note telling me you’re going attend please get that information to me. I need how many we can expect. We wouldn’t want to run out of anything.
I read the note say that the Mazda party may also be on Wednesday. The reality is that with the short schedule we have limited opportunities for social events. Look at this as the chance to go to two parties in one night.

Mike Cummings
1953 Redwood Dr.
Martinez, Calif. 94553
925-787-0423

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:24 pm 

Honda party also on Wednesday. Now just need the MG party to fall on Wednesday and everyone will slow in Thursday qualifying.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:15 am 

We’re in for the party, and/or Honda party. $$ sent.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:12 am 

The total car count is up to 516 at this time. For the purposes of our party that gets our number up to 76 cars.
I have received contributions from three more crews. They are William Lamkin, Richard Harris and Ed Funk. The workers will appreciate your contributions. Now what is holding the rest of you back? I know that there are several other parties on the same night but this is your chance to show your appreciation to the workers. You can donate through PayPal, send a check or just bring cash to the party. Whatever works best for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Mike Cummings
1953 Redwood Dr.
Martinez Calif.
925-787-0423
PayPal: Captn_mikee@msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:11 pm 

Hi Mike,

A few bucks sent for the workers (Paypal) ... but will bring some local goodies as well. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Just need to put my motor back together....

Neil
#83 HP MGB

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next