prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:20 pm 

Get the original ! HINCHMAN ! I cannot say enough about the level of customer service or fit & finish ! And until Simpson cut in and abused some patents they were THE SOURCE for all top level racers from the 1920's until the mid 70's. Still the personal level service and they will forever have your info! They still have ALL records from every suit every made whether a big time guy or a little fish like me ! If you go that route , please tell Nancy I sent you !!! http://www.hinchmanindy.com/

Attachments:
Mike and Indy.jpg
Mike and Indy.jpg [ 50.91 KiB | Viewed 458 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:23 am 

Matt93SE wrote:
Dave, where are you located?

my most recent suit purchase was a Sparco X-light. I found a 'last year model' on clearance at one of the big dirt track places for about 65% off.. It was a $1200 suit I picked up for $400.

the new one feels like a sweatshirt... New one is much more comfortable, but I'm psychologically less comfortable just because the new one is so much thinner, it *feels* less safe!

When those suits first started showing up at Tech I was sure that someone was "punking" me but they do meet all of the requirements. I hope that you are adjusting well to it and I like your solution for the length, makes sense to get that doubled up area near the floorboards.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 1:30 am 

I would also recommend Trackside Tim. Most SE racers know Tim Lee, he has been a staple at our races for decades, and they have making driver suits for decades in Irmo, SC. Safequip was their house brand for long time until they sold it, they make suits for many companies that claim to make suits. I am getting ready to get a custom suit made by them, because I too don't do off off the rack very well either, Tim can make it fit me well. I've made this suit in my head for years, now Tim will make it reality, all Navy blue, latest lightweight Nomex, with arm stretch panels just like the big name suits, grey cuffs on the arms and legs, grey embroidery including my company logo, hell I get excited just thinking about it. I can't say enough good about Tim and his people. Oh and with all the extras I am getting, I will still get out in the $500-600 range, want less extra than I am getting you ca get for even less, want more bells and whistles he can do that too. I also have been using Tim's harnesses for years, he can do whatever you want, I am getting a Hans friendly shoulder strap, old stlye duck-head latch set from him, because that is what it like, I also use Tim's gloves, I also get good deals on helmets, and other goodies from him. Great folks to deal with.

http://www.tracksidetim.com/

http://www.acmespeedshop.com
(864) 370-3000