prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:54 am 

Looking for a Spridget rental for the 60th VSCDA Reunion at Road America in September. 30 years Sprite experience, 30 years Road America experience with 2 June Sprints wins, 4th best at Runoffs Mid Ohio in rain.......... in a 948 HP bugeye. Currently racing Chump endurance in Sprite, Volvo, Honda Prelude, Porsche 944S

The weekend promises to be off the hook. Call Jay Lutz at c:317-473-2124

"I am merely a visitor on this planet"

Last edited by Jay Lutz on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:59 am 

Jay - sorry to be picky but VSCDA is the sanctioning body. Reach out to Stan Mason of VSCDA as he is organizing the Spridget part of the weekend and doing a good job of it I think.
EZ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:23 am 

Sorry, I talked to Stan yesterday and he is on the hunt. Yes, VSCDA.

"I am merely a visitor on this planet"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:50 am 

They may be allowing current SCCA spec Spridgets in too. I've been inquiring about this.

#37 HP Sprite
Hoosier/Taylor Race Engr/Red Line/Stinnett, Padrutt & Aranyosi/Six Shooter Coffee/Capital Planners

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:47 am 

This could be fun if they have a place for us...next to other sprites.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:22 pm 

I had heard the same thing about letting current H cars in for a special class for the 60th reunion. That would be fun and I would be interested. I sent an email off to the contact that I had been given but haven't heard anything back. Keep us posted on anything that you hear.

Jay - sorry for the hijack. I will check around for any Sprites that might be available.

#4 HP Midget
HP National Champion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:04 am 

FWIW, they said the same thing about allowing current SCCA Spitfires to the spitfire spectacular a couple years ago. what we ended up with was, yes you could bring a current SCCA car as long as you took the flares off and didn't run slicks. which would have meant it was a current vintage car.

If they've changed their perspective on it, you guys will have a blast.

Ex #8 HP Spitfire 1500 (it's happy at its new home)
#08 EP Honda S2000
Member #310579

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:36 am 

As always, the devil is in the details.....I’d love to run this event but if it means spending a shit ton on different tyres and finding ‘stock’ fenders, forget it. The VSCDA is finicky about the tires and flares......at least here in MI.

Dayle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:00 am 

The plan is to be all inclusive, Stan is working on it (actually he's probably skiing up in Northern Mi right now). I know the goal is more Spridgets not less, so save the date......
EZ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:01 pm 

This is from Sept 3, 2017 on the MGExp.com site and it was reposted on the AHExp.com site

Rick Fisk posted:

Here is the latest from the guys planning the event...

Sprite Midget 60th Anniversary

September 14-18, 2018

Elkhart Lake / Road America ELVF VSCDA Event
(revised August 29, 2017)
The following is a summary of what is planned and needed. This event is a Race Car Street Car Event with special displays and race group. This is a rough draft, but I wanted to get it out so everyone can assist and promote what will be a one of the best Sprite events held. Wherever Sprite is used in the following automatically includes MG Midgets.
1. Race Cars
1.1. We will have many group 2 race sessions including an exclusive 60th Sprite Midget Race with over 30 Spridgets expected.
1.2. Broader Classifications – we will expand our 8 classification Sprite Midget Race format with the hopes of including current SCCA Spridgets and other classes where needed.
1.3. Special Paddocking near turn 5 for race cars and will encourage using canopies altogether to make it more spectator friendly with access to your trailers and hardware nearby.
1.4. Gathering On The Green Concours
2. Street Cars
2.1. An exclusive Sprite Midget Paddock area near race Spridgets
2.2. A special package that will include: special paddock space, Road America track touring, Banquet, Reenactment of Elkhart Lake Street Course and display in downtown Elkhart.
2.3. You can also apply to the Gathering on the Green Concours where we will have 20 openings for Street Sprites, Race Sprites, Special Bodied Sprites and Big Healeys.
3. Saturday Night Dinner / Banquet - This will be a special night with Road & Track Magazine’s Peter Egan. Peter as many of you know has been entertaining us for years with his Sports Car humor along with starting his racing in a Bug Eye Sprite. In addition we can have more historical information focused on Sprite Racing for that evening as a fill in.
4. Support – We are needing support in the following categories, registration (probably held Thursday night for special street car packages), paddock assistance (Saturday and Sunday), popular vote for Sprites (Saturday Race and Street), honoring past Sprite Racers with a special focus on SCCA National Champions.
5. Regalia – We will be having special regalia labeled with 60th reunion
6. Promotion – We will be rolling out more details to our race series distribution along with other publications.
Please contact Stan at StanBMason@AOL.com for additional information as we progress

#10 HP SEDiv 1965 Austin-Healey Sprite
#73 HP SEDiv 1984 Honda CRX