prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:00 am 

Jeez, sure hope they allow current SCCA HP (plus GP and FP) spridgets!!!!!!!!!!!! If that comes to pass I am interested in either a vintage or SCCA car.

"I am merely a visitor on this planet"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:46 am 

I went back and found my original communication to Stan Mason, who is the guy that is coordinating this and sent him a note stating that I hadn't heard anything back from him but others were posting information on MG and AH web sites. He apologized, confirmed that he is still the guy coordinating the event and sent me a PDF file with all of the information about the event. I tried to attach it but it is 7 MB so it is too large. I will post a portion of it below, and you can PM or e-mail me and I will send you the whole file.

I responded that there was mixed messages as regards to whether the racing Spridgets could be current SCCA racers, and that we need some clear confirmation that these cars can be raced as they currently exist, with flairs and slicks and anything else that might be objectionable to VSCDA, and that we would not be interested in converting to some form of a vintage racer. I have not heard back from him, but will post his reply when I get it.

Here is an overview of the event:

Sprite 60th Reunion September 13-16, 2018
ELVF (Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival) held in Elkhart Lake, WI & Road America Race Track (revised 2.5.18)
This Special 60th Sprite Anniversary is expected to be the largest gathering of Street and combined Vintage Race Cars in the United States. Why can we say that, well in the past 6 years VSCDA Sprite Midget Series has consistently had 15 or more Spridget Racing wheel to wheel racing with up to 23 Spridgets at one event. Knowing this is a special event we think 50 plus Spridgets Racing in additions to all those Street Spridgets that supports Donald and Geoffrey Healey’s vision of creating a low price good handling Sports Car is not understated! We already have input from all US Coasts and Canada wanting to attend this event. This event, is more than a Vintage Race or Car Show in fact it is both including a Concours of Special Spridgets in the Historic Elkhart Lake where Sports Car Racing started. This weekend is very busy. Racing Spridget will have many options covered that you can attend through your VSCDA Race Registration. Street Spridgets will not be allowed into the Road America Paddock without a Paddock Pass. If you purchase an advance Paddock Pass through Stan Mason by August 1, 2018 you will get a discount and have access to special paddock parking across from Sprite Racing Paddock and also be included in the open lap for street cars prior to the 60th Sprite Reunion Race. You will also have several other options on form below. The following is a highlight of events for this weekend with preliminary agenda, Street Spridget Forms and abbreviated Map of events and location below along with lodging. (see attachment above for more details)

#4 HP Midget
HP National Champion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:48 pm 

Jay, Ron, et al.,

I'm the event chair for the VSCDA Blackhawk Classic (June 15-17). I have raced a Spridget in one form or another for many years and have had my street Bugeye for even longer. I had suggested the 60th Event to Stan, citing that the 50th in 2008 got John Salisbury racing with us. It was my intent that the 60th anniversary honor and recognize ALL 60 years of our cars racing, not just the first decade or so. I intend to allow current era cars to run at Blackhawk Farms. I have not received full clearance from the club but hope to. You'll have plenty of cars to play with. Please email me @ ronsoave@gm--l.com if interested. The more ammunition in my holster, the easier the gunfight. The event should go live in less than a week.

Soave