prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:56 pm 

Bought a Z-Tech Series 1A HNR last year, and am having issues with it, never used on-track yet because I can't seem to get it set up properly. I've adjusted the tethers according to the very clear video provided, but the whole device seems to slip forward under the shoulder belts when I pull my head forward, not to mention that it's difficult to put on and just doesn't seem to sit right on my shoulders. I get 3 or 4 inches of forward head travel when I do this, way more than I can get with the Simpson device I've been using for several years; this doesn't seem to be doing the job it's supposed to. I'm beginning to think I may have bought a pig in a poke, has anyone else had any experience with this device?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:18 pm 

James, I have zero experience with Z-Tech H&N restraint.

My H&N restraint devices owned. Isaac, Defnder and now the NexGen Rev

I have a NextGen Rev with a Simpson helmet. The NextGen has zero adjustments other than the strap lengths. NexGen has 3 different width units, each to fit a different size neck. I put my helmet and H&N restraint on assembled when in or out of car and the H&N restraint seems to fit the lower back of neck and between that fit and the belts the H&N does not move forward when belted in car. When I belted in the car there is loosness from the H&N belt anchor to the helmet attaching points.

I throw my info out because in some ways the two devices are similar other than the 3 adjustments you have beyond the strap length adjustment. I did read your instructions and watched the video. 3 separate adjustments to fit your body and the strap adjustments.

A thought, are your shoulder belts 90* to your spine and or slightly downward towards the belts anchor end?

David Dewhurst
CenDiv Milwaukee Region
F Prod #14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:52 pm 

Thanks for the insight, David. My belts are pretty close to 90 degrees, perhaps slightly lower (go up and over shoulders). This device has several adjustments, perhaps more than needed.