prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Runoffs
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:31 am 

mlewis wrote:
i think either sebring or vir would be great tracks to hold a runoffs. im not sure about the infrastructure of surrounding hotels for VIR and the paddock space but from a quality racing experience it's a no-brainer.

The other concern around VIR is EV. The track, which does EV, no longer does hot pulls. The home region (NCR) experimented with the so-called Code 35 FCY (essentially a virtual safety car), with mixed results. The alternatives are FCY w/safety car or Black Flag All. The sort of ninja EV work that you saw at Indy would not happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:06 am 

John Nesbitt wrote:
mlewis wrote:
i think either sebring or vir would be great tracks to hold a runoffs. im not sure about the infrastructure of surrounding hotels for VIR and the paddock space but from a quality racing experience it's a no-brainer.

The other concern around VIR is EV. The track, which does EV, no longer does hot pulls. The home region (NCR) experimented with the so-called Code 35 FCY (essentially a virtual safety car), with mixed results. The alternatives are FCY w/safety car or Black Flag All. The sort of ninja EV work that you saw at Indy would not happen.

For an event the size and scope of the Runoffs would it be possible to "buy out" the EV and "Bring Your Own" EV crew in?

The EV work at the Indy Runoffs was spectacular (wasn't there watched online). I've never seen anything operate like that. That should be the standard by which all future EV crews are judged (and held to).

88 BMW M3 - SPU #98

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:06 pm 

After attending Indy Runoff's as a competitor and SOC, watching the Indy EV crew in action, at the ARRC @ Road Atlanta, I suggested to the chief of EV for Road Atlanta that he might watch some of the video's of the Runoff's races and get some ideas as to how they handled EV Situations and was told politely that Indy is Indy and we're going to do things our way. Background chatter was we don't care how things are done @ Indy & a Not Invented Here (Or by NASCAR) so we'll just ignore what they are doing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:47 pm 

Exactly who said that, John. Everyone should be willing to copy things that work well instead of same old way.

V8 Road Racing Series Administrator
Runoffs Line Chief Tech Prod cars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:15 pm 

It's official:

https://www.scca.com/articles/2008981-v ... offs-venue

-Kyle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:57 pm 

October 8th through the 14th, 2019.

I turn 40 on October 7th, 2019. Sure would be a nice "I ain't dead yet!" present to myself! :lol:

ruckracing honda's:
'15 & '10 Runoffs FP Champion
'10, '09, & '08 ARRC ITA/ITB Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:33 pm 

Kevin, you turn forty, and when I appear on the grid, it will be forty years since my last (and only) appearance at the Runoffs. And I do intend to be there!
Rus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7