Runoffs location poll

Thanks to all who made the NE 2023 schedule a lot more palatable.

The only thing we have to worry about is snow/ice at SP in early April....fingers crossed.

Now I need to get to work on that engine change (and other things).

Regards
Tom B.

Greg Amy":diimudp0 said:
chois":diimudp0 said:
Looks like Glen is moved earlier in June, which is nice because it becomes more feasible to do that AND June Sprints.
It was that way in 2022.

2022 Sprints Super Tour got moved to the traditional WGI Super Tour weekend, so Topeka WGI to the weekend after Memorial Day.

Problem was, Memorial Day weekend is - well, "was" - the traditional Pocono Majors weekend. Given Pocono would be three days prior to load-in for WGI test day, NNJR declined to take that financial risk, so we lost Pocono in '22.

Fortunately, NNJR was able to snag the date a week earlier to give them some breathing room. Pocono is back (it's actually a fun track to drive).

Schedule dominos and tracks spinning the wheel of fortune. It's a real thing. Think about that next time you complain about the schedule... ;)

GA

June Sprints were traditionally one weekend before they are now, (some pro series conflict forced the move) and one weekend before WGI, which was too close.
Regardless how we got here, I like it because some day I'd like to do WGI.

I fully understand the interconnectedness of scheduling, but I still appreciate this outcome, regardless of how we got here.

I'm still salty that they can't schedule the Heartland and Pueblo races more than a week apart (After all these years).

I guess it's better than scheduling them the same weekend. I don't know how much crossover there is, maybe that's a factor. Also I know Colorado is committed to racing on holiday weekends (memorial/independence/labor) so there must be a reason there somewhere.

Just get me back out in the car.

blamkin86":1npu7x3j said:
I'm still salty that they can't schedule the Heartland and Pueblo races more than a week apart (After all these years).

I guess it's better than scheduling them the same weekend. I don't know how much crossover there is, maybe that's a factor. Also I know Colorado is committed to racing on holiday weekends (memorial/independence/labor) so there must be a reason there somewhere.

I suppose it's become a tradition to hold them on those holidays, but how are the numbers for those weekends? I've considered coming out to Colorado but the holiday weekends have stopped that. Maybe others would make the trek if it wasn't on a holiday.

blamkin86":17fxm1ng said:
Having begun my racing "career" in North Texas, I have empathy for your situation.

But I kinda chuckled worrying about scheduling conflicts between events in Topeka KS and Pueblo CO; it's on par with worrying about the scheduling conflicts between Mid Ohio and VIR, they're roughly the same drive time apart... :wink:

I "get" that it's likely the same market, though.

COTA, Daytona, Indy, Watkins Glen will be well received.
Big teams like pavement for paddock . Keeps my RV clean, jacks work. Etc.
No reason to have our premier event and have to park on grass.

VWRalf":x6ai4ndr said:
blamkin86":x6ai4ndr said:

I suppose it's become a tradition to hold them on those holidays, but how are the numbers for those weekends? I've considered coming out to Colorado but the holiday weekends have stopped that. Maybe others would make the trek if it wasn't on a holiday.

Ding ding ding. I've said this for years about the Colorado races and no, their not well attended.

Jesse Prather":1b7qxly1 said:
VWRalf":1b7qxly1 said:
blamkin86":1b7qxly1 said:

Ding ding ding. I've said this for years about the Colorado races and no, their not well attended.

Totally agree. I believe the theory is the long weekend gives everyone an extra travel day. Luckily we have a big Time Trials group that is almost as big a race group as the road racers.

Protech Racing":1et147up said:
As long as we dont go back to VIR.
If VIR follows through on their declared requirement for SCCA to purchase F&C personnel (no more Club volunteers) then your desires are assured.

Too many things wrong there now. I doubt I'll be going back there after my 2023 Runoffs committments are completed. - GA

Which is a shame.
It’s a super fun track to drive/race.

I’m looking forward to going back this fall, but also stoked about next year.

Back