prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:02 am 

Thanks for carrying the torch Mike and Mark! For those of us who won't be in attendance, is there a way we can still make a donation to the event?

#37 HP Sprite
Goodyear/Red Line/Scott Young Enterprises/Stinnett, Padrutt & Aranyosi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:55 am 

The Production party/Block Party was held last evening from 6:15 until about 7:50PM when the last hamburger was loaded onto Kent Prather's bun in his hand. Kathy Prather got the last hot dog before the holding pan was emptied. Chili went fast. Saw many past Production national champions and lots of current and past production drivers and crew members. Party was held across from Mark Weber's and Chris Kopely's GTL Mini paddock spot along the main road. The block party concept looked successful as the NER and South Jersey Region hosted a party just across the main road as well. Lot's of workers, thank you very much for dropping by. A sizable sum is in the John Salisbury Memorial Donation jar. Haven't counted the funds yet, but should make a tidy sum to help those members in white, that without both drivers and workers, we couldn't do what we both love so much. Will post up the donation total soon.

Next year, there will be more chili and cole slaw so Ellen can get her fill. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:25 am 

This year I'm not driving, after being Exec Steward of SOWDiv for three years and driving the first two I had to work Chair of SOM this year. My court was in session until 7 PM and we headed for home directly afterward. Missed seeing everyone. This morning we all found envelopes on our desk from the prod group. Myself, Kathleen Barker, and Mike Beaumia all were very surprised and appreciative of the gifted funds. Wish everyone the best of luck and certainly hope conditions improve.

I'll be returning in my HP Civic next year and Riley will be in the EP Z3 now with the 2.5 engine. I really miss the Civic and can barely wait to get back in it.

James Rogerson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:37 am 

Mark and I counted the funds day before yesterday and loaded the envelopes that Marina from DesMoines, IA provided. The donation jar and other donations yielded $740 in total donations. Put $20 in each envelope and Mark got them to the Chiefs. Glad Mark and I could do the prod car based Block Party. Ken Berdine and Dan Meyers were the able grill masters and burger/Hot dog shuttlers. I acted as one of the hosts and servers. Mark was a greeter, cook and master of ceremonies as no one else could be.

Fully expect to be back next year and will be glad to help make next years get together even better.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:32 pm 

Many of the $20 envelopes ended up at tech and paddock, the two specialties I worked this year at the Runoffs. They were well appreciated. I received one and passed it on to one of the tech workers who went far beyond the call of duty this year, our own prod racer Dwight Cooke. Dwight usually helps me with the prod car tech but volunteered at the last minute to handle one of the hardest jobs of all, the official on pit road who sends cars needed by tech and data acquisition. It is a lonesome all day job that gets very little recognition. The person who has handled this for years was unable to attend and Dwight stepped up and did a super job. Thank you for a great job, Dwight.

V8 Road Racing Series Administrator
Runoffs Line Chief Tech Prod cars