Runoffs location poll

Sterling":14w3x24u said:
Peter, no idea how many juveniles that would be.

The rich kids can play when they get a year older.

It will be ok.

It'll be ok only because other track policies preclude having the Runoffs at the Glen. Given the number of incidents at any Runoffs the limited number of green flag laps would be unacceptable.

Sterling":2knvmnx9 said:
The rich kids can play when they get a year older...
So help me, if I ever hear the words "graying of SCCA" ever come out of yo mouf... :lol:

(Side hint: we're all "rich"; this is not a poors hobby...)

Peter Olivola":2apfydmu said:
It'll be ok only because other track policies preclude having the Runoffs at the Glen. Given the number of incidents at any Runoffs the limited number of green flag laps would be unacceptable.
Not that different from how VIR is nowadays.

Put me down for Daytona again.

kruck":330ccof8 said:
Peter Olivola":330ccof8 said:
Not that different from how most super tours are nowadays.

Put me down for Daytona again.
Fixed it for you, and another vote for Daytona. :D

It could be perfect if we ran the short course that turns left left at the kink and back up to the track at the bus stop . Its very racy .

Thats a little harsh Chris. If it was COTA without any races there during the year, I would be in. Now if was 4 days total , more might go and the cost more reasonable .

Protech Racing":3ia16uy3 said:
Thats a little harsh Chris. If it was COTA without any races there during the year, I would be in. Now if was 4 days total , more might go and the cost more reasonable .

Wasn’t meant to be harsh, just a laugh to see San Antonio referred to as central in the US. Definitely not to the overall population, or SCCA population, or US geography.
BUT I’d run a RO there for sure.

chois":eh0u32q1 said:
Protech Racing":eh0u32q1 said:

Wasn’t meant to be harsh, just a laugh to see San Antonio referred to as central in the US. Definitely not to the overall population, or SCCA population, or US geography.
San Antonio...? Maybe you should get yourself one of them maps too! :lol:

COTA has six corners a lap that are painfully slow, but it is still pretty fun to drive. If you don't have a good "low gear", then you're a sitting duck. It would be way better for cars like ours if they had some alternate layout that at least by-passed the painfully slow "stadium section".

kruck":q4mhp80o said:
chois":q4mhp80o said:
Protech Racing":q4mhp80o said:

COTA has six corners a lap that are painfully slow, but it is still pretty fun to drive. If you don't have a good "low gear", then you're a sitting duck. It would be way better for cars like ours if they had some alternate layout that at least by-passed the painfully slow "stadium section".
With the acres of runoff room on all sides of each major turn, maybe we could talk COTA into repainting the track limits and moving the turtles to make those 40mph corners into 60mph corners? :lol:

kruck":1g4b8267 said:
San Antonio...?
Forget it, he's rolling.*

;)

I don't mind the layout myself (thought it was kinda fun, though the track itself was degrading by 2018 when I did it) but I sincerely doubt COTA has the infrastructure and space to support potentially 900+ teams, their families and friends, and all their support equipment.

COTA is a damn fine facility for ten 2-car teams and a couple of lead-off bands, but the SCCA Runoffs would probably have to absorb most if not all of the public parking space just to exist. - GA

*Though, let's be fair, in Texas-size terms it's ideologically pretty much the same place...I mean, at least he didn't say "Lubbock"...

kruck":2us0ghp6 said:
chois":2us0ghp6 said:
Protech Racing":2us0ghp6 said:

Haha! I earned that one for sure.
My brain and fingers were definitely disconnected. Heck I was at COTA in February when we took a weekend trip to Austin.
Still not central to the USA, or SCCA.

Greg Amy said:
Daytona, hands down. Excellent ime of year, out of tourist season, cheap hotels on the beach, excellent restaurants without waits, and tons of local attractions."

Hi, Greg. Just checking up on your Daytona preference...

Rain and Dangerously Windy
°C°F
Daytona Beach, FL
10 AM

Humidity: 95%
Wind: 40 MPH N

I'm with you Mike, hoping that it comes to Daytona. Will do my best to be able to race in the runoffs then.

Back