VIR Double & Super Tour

kruck

Looks like a good & competitive field shaping up for each class.

E Production 7 entries
2 Ira, Greg - 1971 Datsun 240Z - Fort Lauderdale, FL
17 Moore, Sam - 1999 BMW Z3 - Kannapolis, NC
18 Cooke, Dwight - 1963 Triumph TR4 - Greensboro, NC
26 Smith, Mark - 1987 BMW 325is - Sarasota, FL
55 Leigh, Kevin - 2000 Caterham 7 - Harrisonburg, VA
58 Eells, Peter - 1989 Mazda RX-7 - Dunedin, FL
70 Hickham, Steven - 2011 Mazda RX8 -Corpus Christi, TX

F Production 7 entries
7 Britton, Austin - 1962 Lotus Super Seven - Port Orange, FL
7 Maynard, Ken - Porsche 1969 912 - Greensboro, NC
24 Scurria, James - Fiat 124 Spider - Norfolk, VA
34 Kraftson, Donald - 1964 Elva Courier - New York, NY
74 Perkins, Barry -1981 MG B - Lenoir City, TN
84 Fohl, Richard - 1990 Mazda Miata - Richmond, VA
89 Bryson, David - 1990 Mazda Miata - Clemmons, NC

H Production 4 entries
00 Church, Keith - 1973 Toyota Corolla - Greensboro, NC
16 Drum, A. L. (Tony) - 1962 Austin Spridget - Mount Holly, NC
47 Simpson, Pat - 1971 BMW 1600 - Huntingtown, MD
54 Davis, Brad - 2002 Mini Cooper - Summerville, SC

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll be there though. :(

Just had heavy equipment come in and move about 4 feet of snow and ice in front of my trailer, so it looks like I will be trying to make it as well. Just registered. Looking forward to running on that track for the first time.

Decided to go ahead and sign up before Saturday's late entry deadline, but still not totally sure if I'll be there or not. Car's had a lot of work since Road Atlanta, and thrashing to get it together before an event usually isn't a bright idea. Especially if that event includes an eight hour tow. Usually a recipe for disaster.

New additionals to above list:
EP - 10 entries
3 Spruell, Paul - 1966 Alfa Romeo Spider - Tucker, GA
50 Carter, Randy - 2000 Lotus Caterham 7 - Forest, VA
64 Snader, Austin - 2010 Mazda RX-8 - Brookshire, TX

FP - 8 entries
73 Ruck, Kevin - 1990 Acura Integra - Delaware, OH

HP - 6 entries
4 Bartell, Ron - 1962 MG Midget - Madbury, NH
62 Plush, Greg - Nissan 510 - Reston, VA

I'm officially out. Was doing setup on the car late yesterday afternoon and once done, I climbed underneath the car to reinstall the sway bar link, the last thing I was going to do before putting it on the trailer, and found that pretty much all of the welds that were holding the rear subframe to the left side frame rail and been ripped and torn out. No wonder the feeling from the rear of the car got really spooky throughout Sunday's Road Atlanta race. With all of the rest of the work I had been doing to the car (complete and total re-wire, new "dash", and installation of a Race Technology Dash2, DL1, & Video4 system) I just didn't spend much time under the car to ever see the damage. I could attempt a repair, but it would be rushed, not as well done, not as safe, and cause me more work in the long run. Nope, gonna stay home and do it right. The silver lining: at least I found it now and not after getting onto track, burning the $550 entry fee, and the rediculous amounts of $4.99/gallon diesel getting there and back.

Have fun everyone; wish I was there.

Bummer Kevin. Too bad you won't make it down.

Just got into Danville. Will be at the track tomorrow handling some of the Super Tour activities.

We will have live T&S up at some point tomorrow. I'll post links on the event home page at SCCA.com once it's up and running.

Eric

EPrill":3azlr3rt said:
Live Timing links here: http://www.scca.com/eventitems.aspx?ite ... 7400&hub=1

Up and running. Prod groups at:
Friday at 11:10am
Friday at 4:25pm
Saturday at 10:10am
Saturday Race 1 at 3:20pm
Sunday qual at 10:10am
Sunday Super Tour/Super Sweep race at 3:25pm

Times eastern.

Thanks for the link Eric, I'll be watching. Just wanted to say congratulations on SCCA/BFG for really doing these events the right way. Good luck to all the prod guys, but I'll be pulling for our local hot shoe Austin Snader. We had a great time when you came to Texas, even if I did come in 4th :(

Paul,
Unfortunately Austin is on his way home. He had an off in the morning Friday and another car (Caterham that Svaton is buying) also went off separately but they found each other in the grass. Austin's car was damaged too severely to continue and is headed home.

Ironically, as Austin was packing up, Doc Smith showed up with the Lotus as a late entry yesterday afternoon, so he is now the only one to run all three Super Tour events.

Thanks for the update Eric. Hate to hear that, hopefully that's the last contact for the prod group this weekend. Doc Smith will do well, that Lotus is mad fast, and it sounds like he is having a blast with it!

joecam96":3pq9jo9m said:
Congrats to Ron Bartell on his two wins in HP!
Thanks Joe. V.I.R. is a great track and the club put on a heck of a event. A little trouble with a tornado watch put Saturday's event off schedule but they made the right decision and we didn't even have to race in the rain. I was very fortunate to be able to get a couple of wins during my first visit to the track.

One of the best parts of the weekend was seeing Tony Drum back in a race car looking healthy and hardy after his new ticker. What a great sight!!!

Back