Two and a half new prod racers....

Matt Brannon

I would like to congratulate Rich Sheldon and Marnie Brannon on becoming two of the country's newest Prod racers. Corey Albright gets honorable mention because his IT7 car could end up EP someday. All successfully completed the GLDiv driver's school this weekend at Nelson Ledges and will be entering the realm of regionals later this year.

Also big thanks to everyone who put on the event, including the guys and gals in white, all of the officials, and the instructors who took the time and effort to invest in our next generation of drivers.

Nearly 30 new drivers on track, with only one serious incident with an IT Neon that landed on its top, but before the end of the day the driver and car was back on track (minus windshield) and finished out the weekend.

The weather gods smiled and we had perfectly dry conditions both days.

cars-nelson-1.jpg

marnie-nelson-1.jpg

-M

Matt beat me to the punch on this one. He did all the heavy lifting as he kepts two Fiat X1/9's in tip top shape while I lounged around pretending to give guidance Marnie and Rich. Matt's calm hand kept Rich in check and allowed Marnie to go REALLY fast (1:22?). I can't thank him enough for all of his effort.

We had a HUGE thunderstorm friday night while I was in class with the two newbies. Matt and his son Bradon were left holding down the fort....literally. It huffed and puffed quite a bit. The area had so much rain over the last month that the paddock was one big swamp. Friday night storm certainly didn't help.

I'll echo his sentiments as well. Many thanks to the multitudes who put oon the event and supported the next crop of drivers. It was an extremely well run event on all accounts. The students got lessons from every facet of the game (grid, tech, corners, registration, etc.).

On a side note....it was VERY odd to see tow of THOSE cars under my canopy which unitl now had been reserved for British stuff. Oh well. Live and learn. I guess I need some metric tools, huh? :wink:

Dayle

Two & a half new prod racers?

I presume Corey Albright is the half & is Cory more commonly know as the Bud (beer) Guy? :mrgreen: Jason's younger brother.

There were 2 more HP students, now novice racers

Shu-Fai Fung drove Deb's Honda Civic
He comes from N. Carolina and is working on a EP/IT7 Mazda of his own. Shu is a great person with a lot of positive we
hope he will venture north more often now that he needs crew!

Robert Aderton drove Daves Civic partially he suffered a broken limited slip early on Saturday and a broken clutch in latter
sessions. He wound up finishing the school and chasing the Fiat in Dave Hammers "not so evil" anymore HP VW
Robert won the HP school race, but Marnie was not competing in school race. That would have been a good race

Special thanks againg to Dave Hammer, he volunteered to help out a new races with the use of his VW. Dave has always been a good competitor and a first class friend. Dave thank you

Maurice LaFond

Yes, Corey is Jason's brother, and obviously Fred's son. Too bad all of their Mazdaness finally rubbed off on him, and quenched his Hondafanboism. :p

Congrats to Marnie - gonna be wierd seeing her as the one in the driving suit.

Back