The only race that matters

I don't have the background or experience to make an informed decision whether adjustments need to be made in HP. But, I raced with Ron (well I wouldn't really call it racing since he was over 4 seconds a lap faster :doh: ) at Sebring and it did not appear to me that his car was at a disadvantage. He is a heck of a better driver than I am and surely that accounts for some of the difference in lap times. I was having some brake problems and was running old tires but my lap times at Sebring even without those issues are still 2.5 seconds down from his. His video included the start of the race an it had me passing him quickly at the start which would indicate a huge power advantage. But, it just happened that the groups speed at the start put my car just about perfectly at peak torque. That and the fact that I usually get pretty good starts (maybe due to racing motocross for 25 years) definitely helped the situation. The video in this link is right after Ron passed me and both cars seem to be pretty well matched on the straights. Again, some of this is definitely due to Ron's greater exit speed and the fact that he is getting on the throttle earlier. https://youtu.be/ojb2Md1866o BTW, sorry for the lousy quality. I was in a hurry and it was quicker to convert the file at a lower setting.

David Dewhurst":2266a6az said:
...the late Harry Manning.
Damn....I didn't know that. Harry was a great guy. And yes, so is David, who's been racing Miata's for probably a dozen years or so now, starting in SSB and then moving to SM, with the same car. He's a real solid driver, with several Majors wins in SM.

And yes Curtis, the Ohio Valley Region Mid-Ohio regionals are always club-course on Saturday and pro-course on Sunday.

Curtis":2i5wc0wj said:
Did he build a new car? buy one? borrow one? Will he be at the RunOffs in FP this year?
David Dewhurst":2i5wc0wj said:
new build (hardware development :mrgreen: ) and I'm sure he'll be at the Runoffs.
That car was built and driven by Jess Heitman over the last few years. Jess won in his last race with it at Seattle over Huffaker in his MG last May I think. It is a top notch car and it looks like David is adapting well to it. The front of the FP pack is going to be deep.

Back