Summit Point National

Bob Rappleye

Great race weekend! Very few incidents and a lot of fun had by all. I was up in the Announce Booth in the tower with veteran race PA Guy and fellow small-bore racer Dave Parker and we had a blast! Three new track records for the Small Bore Group this weekend: In GTL Brian Downey based out of Auto Expectations in Dulles Virginia bested his own lap record by 1.1 seconds to drop the SP record to 1:21.696. Donald Kraftson based out of the Big Apple via the Philly area dropped the F/Prod record to 1:22.828. and is STU Marty Grand from Manassas, VA set a new track record at 1:23.899 Thanks to all the racers that participated, thanks as well to the Workers and Officials that made it a great event. The Spec and IT Regional Race events made for some great racing as well! National Racing is back in the WDCR!

Thanks for the announcing duties, Dave & Bob, and Dave, thanks for banging the drum prior to the event to make sure folks got out. We had *pretty good* numbers overall (only 11 SRFs?? and as I was splitting them for their race, 3 out of the 11 missed the split...uh) but the small bore group was definitely well-represented! And whoever paid the weather steward deserves some credit - great weather!

Congrats to the guys with the lap records! A couple other race groups saw lap records fall as well, so it was a fast track this weekend.

Gotta give my husband a pat on the back here: first time he's been on Summit Point's track in 2 years, first time back in the Spitfire since last July (he used my car to finish last season and go to the Run Offs), first time out in a racecar since the Run Offs and he made a pretty decent show of things with 1st in HP. :applause: Sorry that Randy had a flat and went into the paddock early, as they had some real hammer-and-tongs racing there for the first half of the race.

And a particular "thank you" to Tom as well...he got my prod car running GREAT, just got me my new Hoosiers, and has now seen me thru, well, I guess 5 race weekends since he was last in a race car, between me finishing last season and my two race weekends so far this year.

It was a great race until my axle broke (DNF :( ). I guess the fresh motor is making some serious #'s. A special shout out to Ken (Bump&Run) Nesbit for pushing me to go faster! Sorry Ken, I couldn't resist. I was going to say I'll be teasing you until you're old and gray, but you already are!!! It was great to be back at Summit. I like the track and it's a 1 1/2 hour tow from my house.

Tom you and Randy had a heck of a race going till Randys tire went down great win for was fun watching it..Ken you drove great race a few more laps i think you would have won!BTW saturday was fun watching you and that BMW go at it great stuff!Don wondered what happened you were fast ..Great too see a Elva MK 5 that thing was hooked up till it retired : ( ..Great Production turnout best i have seen in years GTL was great race enjoyed that too. Ken your secret advantage i gave you saturday got you the 3rd fastest time id get more if i was you haha. Saw a lot of great battles all race long good trunout for the weekend what was the car count.Itook tons of photos too. I will be back for the Labor Day even hope to have new camera thats faster!Was good to see the missing man formation for a great lady.. Isee some new track records were set too. great weather till it rained sunday during lunch ..Sprman : )

A special shout out to Ken (Bump&Run) Nesbit for pushing me to go faster! Sorry Ken, I couldn't resist. I was going to say I'll be teasing you until you're old and gray, but you already are!!!

LOL...I'm sorry Don..is that frowned on at nationals?

sprman.. Dan says I need more smart water, says it didn't kick in....

Ken in that case best get a case and own stock in the company! Haha Dons Elva sure was fast.Good to see 7 track records set..We see how MARRS Labor Day goes Ken! Sprman :D

Kyle, they're up on mylaps.

This was a great week-end, contratulations to Serge on the win, I wish it would have ended a little differently but we had a great race and he just reinforced how you have to do everything right every lap...

Thanks to Ken for keeping me on my toes and making this race as exciting as it can get, especially with all the traffic we had to deal with.
Don and his Elva certainly were the head of the class until lady luck turned her back on him.

Thanks to all for a great weekend.

Ken Nesbit":3trnumbt said:
Thanks Fred... and yes, it's going pretty good now...

That is it. He's doomed, the thing will come flying apart in spectacular fashion at its next race.

At least he remembered when his race was. :)

cheers
dave parker

Back