SBR/DET @GMan 7/11, 7/12

Dayle Frame

First prod in for this event.....

WOWZER.....how about these guys getting their act together? $410 if you pay by check before 7/3. Kudos to SBR on that one. And we're group 5 too. So one can do both MI Majors for $885 total.

Registration is now open on MSR.

Dayle

These guys really have their act together. $410 for a majors race + a free 20 minute practice? Now, this is an example of how to do it right. Hats off to South Bend and Detroit Regions for getting back to the grassroots aspect of the club, and making the event affordable for racers of all incomes/budgets.

Jason,

SBR/DET tries to do whatever it can to keep costs down. Fortunately, we have a track management that is willing to work with us. It truly is a team effort and we're blessed to work with a GingerMan staff that understands and loves SCCA club racing.

Dayle-thanks for the kudo's/advertisement.

Jeff
SBR Regional Executive
#76 SM

I just entered. You still have to midnight to enter and get the free test session on Friday.

What a fun track and great weekend! Had a blast racing with Dave on Saturday and going back and forth for second place honors. Unfortunately, the GoPro was accidentally turned on while towing and the battery was shot by the time we arrived, so I don't have any video of the race (note to self - bring charging cable!). Sam lost a motor and dumped oil all over turns 3-6 before pulling off, so the track was slick for a handful of laps, but there was some good mid-pack racing.

Sunday was hot by the time we raced, but the new pavement held grip and didn't get too greasy. On lap 3 or 4, Greg snapped an alternator pulley and was driving a little conservatively as a result. I was able to close up on him, but could only get within 5 seconds or so and was never close enough to make any move.

All in all, it was a great weekend, especially for my first time at Gingerman. Congrats to Greg for the double win and the new track record.

Great event, fun, twisty, technical course, even though I was only able to use two gears. The new pavement was a plus held up great. Fantastic bargain, other regions should take note....$410 free testing Friday night, 2 races and a incredible Saturday night meal with countless home made deserts.
#48 FP Miata
Mike

Back