Runoffs questions

blamkin86

1) When I was out there a couple years ago, I noticed a truck driving around and dumping RVs and refilling them with water - any idea if I need to get on a list or contact a vendor ahead of time - or can I just sign up when I get there? Anyone know the cost for the week?
2) Does anyone rent a "professional" tent setup by someone - and if so what's the cost and setup like and all that. Any experiences welcome as I may share that tent with some other folks I'm parked around.
3) Do you have to sign up for the Monday test day, to be able to get into the track on Sunday?
4) When is the latest date I can register before any late fee kraziness?

Thanks in advance,
--Bill

2. You have to go through Road America and I've heard they are big $$$.

3. From the supps. - 14.16 Admittance to Road America for those with reserved parking spots will be from 6am-6 pm STARTING SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 16th, unless other arrangements have been made with Road America BEFORE you arrive. If you get a test day you can get in the day before. Sunday test day and you can get in Saturday.

4. From the supps. - 1.6 After midnight (CDT), Friday, August 24th, 2012 (online, postmarked or dated by an express delivery service) the entry fee is $700 for online or $710 for paper entries.

1. I just hunt down the guy who's doing it and say "hey, can you do mine?" then he comes over and you pay him like $50 or so and he'll dump you and fill up your fresh water. Easy deal.
I think they have info on that as well in your driver packet if you want to do it by the book. :D

Use the RV dump and fill your own water. The guy with the truck charges $50 for a dump and $30 for a fill. At least, that's what he charged me down in the trees two years ago. I dumped my own last year and filled my own and it was $0.

Problem is you'll have to disconnect or unlevel, drive it up there, etc. and then come back. I'll pay the money vs. doing all of that. I did forget about the dump though. What I do is when I get to the track go right to the dump so I'm empty and filled with water for the week, then go park. I always hope I can make it all week but it never happens and end up paying the guy vs. going to dump again. Good options though.

I'm wondering how the parking is going to work with people showing up and leaving all week. I can see cars trying to get to grid while rigs are parking and/or leaving. We'll see.

They make "small" wheeled totes or as farmers call them, "honey wagons", that can be used to haul the waste to the dump station. They also make portable fresh water tanks. Just don't get the two mixed up!!!!

I am sure you could make a few bucks/beers "renting" them out to friends.

RonInSD":1poxk8zz said:
There is also a dump station and potable water by the shower house inside the carousel.

That's what I'll do when I roll into town. I like Jesse's idea of paying once through the week. If I feel like it I might dump again on the way out of town.

Good plan thanks folks.

Back