Runoffs F-Prod

Why does every discussion on here have to devolve into an argument amongst three year olds? Yes, I know a coating can smooth out the roughness of a surface. I also know that your typical aluminum MPFI manifold isn't cast molded with gravel, that producing an advantage will provide an advantage, that I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet. :lol:

Joe Harlan":3evhn1yu said:
There is at least one company that sells a "stealth coating" why would they offer a product that " cheats it up" if there was not a benefit?
So how many Tornado's do you own? :lol:
tornado.jpg

David,

Nobody cares about 1996. It was 2 decades ago. A SC article written by an author after the fact does not define "philosophy". The 2 primary reasons for limited prep at the time were 1. The ability to class faster new cars in existing classes. And a distant 2. Lowering the cost/effort to get a new car/new build on track. Note I said get on track, not easier to run up front. The bonus that was very average and lower budget efforts finishing on the same lap as the leaders, right away, despite having no chance of ever winning, as is the case in SM, was a side effect. A positive one but still just a nice bonus, not a driving" philosophy in 1996.

Exterior coating certainly seems legal to me the way the rules read now.

While only a serious spectator and sometime back marker I cannot find the words to describe how proud I am to be associated the FP class. Helluva good show by some fine racers.

Curtis, sometimes our memories falter. pm me your address and I'll send you a copy of the article or better yet call Charlie Clark who was one of many SCCA, car shop folks quoted within the article. It was the SCCA philosophy, not an article writer's philosophy. What is the SCCA limited prep philosophy today?

Yup, I understand it's a tinkers class as some put it a bunch of years ago when some of us were trying to prop up the G prod numbers.

kruck":1l18mhel said:
Why does every discussion on here have to devolve into an argument amongst three year olds? Yes, I know a coating can smooth out the roughness of a surface. I also know that your typical aluminum MPFI manifold isn't cast molded with gravel, that producing an advantage will provide an advantage, that I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet. :lol:

Joe Harlan":1l18mhel said:
There is at least one company that sells a "stealth coating" why would they offer a product that " cheats it up" if there was not a benefit?
tornado.jpg

Kevin, 3 year olds? I think you are giving too much credit!

Joe Harlan":34jalpne said:
Even my daughter argued using legitimate reasoning when she was 3. Now that she turned 4 in July, she wins most arguments with me since I'm stuck at 3 with the rest of yous guys.

Joe Harlan":1vg9gifr said:
kruck":1vg9gifr said:

Joe Harlan":1vg9gifr said:
tornado.jpg

I have them in everything I own. I've also removed all my intakes to send them out to get coated. Since it's such a big advantage my fuel mileage should double.

I love the silly season. Lets talk about alt connecting rods next. Darn, forget that. How about alt brakes on limited prep cars?

Matt93SE":yl3r0vlq said:
I want to put a wing for my EP car so I don't have to pull it off between GT3, EP, and STU.. :whistle:

As long as its just a wing and not the dreaded IMSA spoiler, cuz you know that thing is so terrifying that SCCA banned it in GT3.

(this spoiler is the reason the owner won't run in GT3 where the car fits, he would have to saw the spoiler off. No the wing doesn't get run very often, because its a vintage car)

Back