RIP - Phil Alspach

31rx7

Racer Phil has taken his last checkered flag. Most recently, Phil ran E-Prod in a 1st gen RX7 but had participated in numerous classes through the years. To my knowledge, G-Prod (Spitfire), ITB (Scirocco), GT4 (Corolla), SSC (Neon), ITA (RX7), DSR (Ocelot). Dedicated SCCA and Ohio Valley Region member. Was one of the few 100%'rs at the Solo Nationals until 2021 or so.

Godspeed Phil.

Attachments

• Phil1.jpg
    Phil1.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 3,681
I met and became friends with Phil in 1972 during our regional racing days.,him in a Tri spitfire and me in a MG midget. Phil went on to become one of the pillars of the Ohio Valley region for decades, running for and holding every position there was, working hard to put on the region's races at Mid-Ohio and helping make all the region's programs successful. During that time Phil and I had a lot of disagreements but all his life Phil was a friendly honest gentleman you could agree to disagree with and remain good friends, His passing is a loss to the Ohio Valley region, all his many friends and SCCA as a whole
rick haynes

Phil was one of the first people to reach out to me after my bugeye was flipped by the rope tow at Beaverun. He offered his HP rabbit (ex-Drew Aldred car) to me free of charge, so that I could still race in H while rebuilding the car, and asked me to volunteer in the pace car at OVR events so that I could still feel like part of the region's events. Total selfless act on his part. He was one of the good ones. RIP Racer Phil.

Back