shaft, and is unrestricted. Valve rocker arms, cam
followers, rocker ratios and rocker/follower ratios must be
stock.

Proposed wording on Prep 2 rocker arms:

9.1.5.E.2.f.5. Pushrods are unrestricted. Rocker shafts when utilized
in the same stock system can be replaced by an alternate
shaft, and is unrestricted. Valve rocker arms, and cam
followers are unrestricted.

I removed the part about rocker and follower ratios because the maximum lift is measured at the valve so the ratio really does not play into the picture.

You are still limited by 9.1.5.E.2.e.3
3. To facilitate the installation of permitted alternate components,
provided the modification serves no other function.

:lol:

Thank you for making my point about rules creep. "There's a poll for alternate rods in LP? Then I want a poll for alternate rockers in LP!"

So on....so forth.

kruck":1yqjikc2 said:
:lol:

Thank you for making my point about rules creep. "There's a poll for alternate rods in LP? Then I want a poll for alternate rockers in LP!"

So on....so forth.

Kevin,

I wanted to do the polls to see how people feel about items that people view as dependability issues. Rocker arms are about the only thing in the valve train you can not upgrade or replace with an after market part. You can replace the camshaft lifts, camshaft chain/belt, tensioner, push rods, valve springs, valves, valve retainers, Spring retainers, lash pads, valve keepers, seals and adjustment shims. What is left besides the rocker arms if you car even has them. Will a broken rocker blow up a motor or cause major damage? No I don't feel so but requires a lot of work to replace.

c mathis":g5raamk2 said:
Nitrous will make my car safer so I don't have any pesky cars to hit me in turn 1.
Chuck

Chuck, this is about dependability, not safety and Nitrous is defiantly a Prep 1 item... That is another poll.... LOL

Tom Feller":1fut1czs said:
I'd be interested to hear the logic behind anyone that votes yes for rods and no for rockers.

I don't have rockers, so it does not help me. :lol: But then none of the other stuff people are asking for helps me either, because my stock manifold wont let me rev high enough to hurt anything.

Oh, I need a new intake manifold. My stock plastic one is not safe, it could melt or catch on fire.

This will do. But I wont be happy about it.

4057198530_861a44dfc4.jpg

broke a rocker arm this past weekend. Car slowed pretty quick and could have led to major damage if the car behind me had been closer.

the only one we are missing is the alternate brakes debate. That one must only occur in odd numbered years and when the GTL guys are really panicking.

There again, if valve lift is limited in LP, what good would it do other, than possibly on a given engine, make it more reliable. You're not gong to make more HP with the same valve lift by simply changing rocker arms.

Greg Nagy":2rrsluwz said:
broke a rocker arm this past weekend. Car slowed pretty quick and could have led to major damage if the car behind me had been closer.

Greg, did you figure out if that rocker was one that you bent a valve on last year?

Acme Speed Shop":2rrsluwz said:
There again, if valve lift is limited in LP, what good would it do other, than possibly on a given engine, make it more reliable. You're not gong to make more HP with the same valve lift by simply changing rocker arms.

How many cars even have aftermarket rocker arms that are not increased lift? I know for my Spitfire I can get aftermarket 1.5:1 but stock is 1:44 or 1:45. I think we are reaching if we think suppliers are eager to spool up producing small batches of many of these aftermarket parts that re being discussed. Connecting Rods are the biggest exception due to common machining and similar bare castings between makes/models.

Back