Mid Ohio Majors

Jason Stine

Race reports below please!!
-----------

Up and down weekend at Mid Ohio for me personally... Had a strong showing with 8 HP cars there. Sat AM was super wet and only half the entries actually went out for qualifying. Started shotgun on the field and drove through the crowd, ending up with a HP win and 7th overall Saturday.

Frank S was there in a mini, finishing second, but was DQ'd in impound for being less than 2 lbs. under weight. Tried forcing bottles of water down his throat and stuffing wrenches in his suit pockets, but the tech stewards were watching closely! :lol:

Dry but slick track Sun AM for qualifying and put her on pole by 3 sec. On the second lap in the race, I got pinched in 11 and dropped the LF into a big ass hole right before the apex curb. Broke something in the suspension (suspect shock) and bent something in the steering and pulled in.

Congrats to Scott on the Sunday win! Looks like he had a great battle with Frank and the two played nice and clean. Unfortunately, Ken Berdine had a hard impact in the carousel in the ex-Kenny Purgason spridget, bending the front chassis rails and bruising/breaking a few of Ken's ribs. Hope for a speedy recovery and to see him back on track soon.

Thanks to Goodyear, Red Line, Midwest Motorsports, Race-Keeper, and Stinnett Padrutt & Aranyosi Co for the amazing support again this year!

Hello Jason! I just got the chance to reply. It must have been great to start last and drive to a Majors win!! The pole position for the next day was great, too... Sorry to read about the pothole and the damage. Some of those turns seem to develop worsening ruts/potholes as each weekend passes... As far as repairs, that front suspension was built by Roger Mandeville of IMSA fame and Klaus Bock (friend of Mike Miller) was involved and 'may' have ended up with jigs or ...? However, I think the left/right parts were identical, so the other could be used to have a replacement fabricated. The steering arms were a later model Spridget, but I bored out the taper to 5/8 inch so a long bolt with lots of spacers could be used to adjust the bump steer. Shocks are Carrera??? If not available, I am sure others could suggest an alternate (get two, of course!) Best wishes. Joel

Back