May 2024 Fastrack Discussion

All the FP 1.8L non-VTEC Hondas getting a 55mm FPR, along with the 1.6L VTEC DA Integra, Del Sol, and '99 Civic Si...effective in a couple of weeks.

Miatas unhappy again...? ;)

After Miattas leading at the front of the pack race after race, event after event, year after year. Hundreds maybe thousands of podiums finishes. Ahhhh, yes the poor disenfranchised Miatas.

You want to help FP ?

Add restrictions to the Miatas also.
You heard right. Add restrictions to the Miatas.

Make it more attractive for all the other car Makes and Models to come back and play.

I gotta admit, as an outside observer, that one doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Class looked pretty balanced.

I gotta admit, as an outside observer, that one doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Class looked pretty balanced.
I will only ask that you look at the last 6/7 years champions and see what cars they were in. Then look at the last few years video from VIR / Indi / RA and watch the straight line speed of the Hondas.
And Ask yourself why Ken switched from a Miata to Honda and then became a champion.?
Dave, why did you choose a Honda instead of a Miata when you switched?

And I'm saying they are both great drivers so don't read anything else into this.

2023 VIR
Acura Integra LS
Honda Civic Del Sol Si VTEC
Acura Integra
Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata

2022 VIR
Mazda Miata
Acura Integra
Mazda Miata
Acura Integra LS
Mazda Miata
Acura Integra

2021 Indy
Honda Civic Del Sol VTEC
Acura Integra
Acura Integra LS
Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata

2020 Road America
Lotus Super Seven
Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata 1.6L
MG B

2019 VIR
Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata

2018 Sonoma
MG Midget
Volvo P-1800
Mazda Miata
Lotus Super Seven
Mazda Miata
BMW 318i/is (E30)

2017 Indy
Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata
Volkswagen Rabbit
Acura Integra
Mazda Miata

2016 Mid-Ohio
65 Lotus Super Seven
Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata
Acura Integra
Lotus Super Seven
Mazda Miata

2015 Daytona
Acura Integra
Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata
Mgb
Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata

Source: https://www.crbscca.com/public/runoffs/archiveReporting/

Charlie, I know you know it is not just about straight line or top speed.

My Lancia could not keep up with the Miatas.
I simply can not afford the engine/transmission program costs a top Miata requires.

As a footnote: I like Hondas. Had many Civic/CRX versions over the years. Have a S2000 street car. Great car ! It made sense to go with what I know.

First this isn't intended as a back and forth post or picking on anyone.
When looking at the results there are other things to consider.
It appeared that when about '21 Honda development came up with something that helped them. And good for them, that's what we are all trying to do.
'22 The top running Honda had mechanical issues and fell back and it was also a rain race.
"20 RA doesn't count because the hondas were leading and broke, as did some of everyone else. That was the race that seemed like nobody wanted to win.
'19 Again the top Honda had mechanical issues. Then that was the last year Ken ran a Miata before going to Honda. Which moved him to the top.

Yes I know straight line speed is not everything but the cornering speed is not much different.
We also need to look at , and i'm sure the CRB took into consideration, the level of prep of all cars. And then whether we want to admit it or no, there is the level of the driver skill to be considered.

Then there is always that thing that plays into it all LUCK.

Back