Majors Registration opens when?

Erickz

When can one expect registration to open for a Majors Tour event? Two months before? One month before?
Thanks

Seems to be a grey area.. I'd like to see reigstration open at least 6 weeks before an event. for our division, I sometimes don't see them until right about a month before- sometimes less.
I'm not sure if that really affects whether people actually attend or not though......

fyi... if you're depending on the scca majors page of the website to connect you to registration for specific events, it does not always work. for instance if you click on register on the majors home page right now for thunderhill race it will send you to sfr website instead of motorsport reg site. so you might assume it wasn't open yet. In actuality the thunderhill event has been open for entry for quite some time now if you access it thru motorsports reg....

Erickz said:
When can one expect registration to open for a Majors Tour event? Two months before? One month before?
Thanks

Erick,
The region outs in the event......so it will vary depending on the timeliness of the region. WMR has an August date so we would like to have our registration open by 5/1. But who knows at this point?

Dayle

I saw Steel Cities opened registration for the Pitt Race Majors today, 10.5 weeks before the event, while I've seen some other Majors so far this year not open until 3-4 weeks before the event. Yup, there's no consistency to it, as it's still handled by the local regions.

Back