Majors at Blackhawk Farms May 2-3

One more thing,

Blackhawk Farms has been making constant improvements since Paul Musschoot took over. It's nice to hear some "visitors" speak kindly about my home track.

Back to Jesse and Mike's post about the race.
I've raced against a number of Miatas that Jesse has worked his magic upon. They are very strong. The lap I passed Mike several things came together that enabled me to get by him. The data says I got a pretty good run out of the corner, the Miatas are a bit wider than MGBs and make a pretty big hole in the air so the draft helped and the engine components I get from Dave Headley (Fab-Tek) allow MGBs to make pretty good power. All together it was just enough to get the job done.

Jerry

I almost fell off the chair laughing, Jerry. "The Miata punches a pretty big hole" If you believe that then the Alonso is Norwegian.

Mike

Compared to an MGB...yes they do punch a big hole :lol:

Jerry,
What happened to you on Sunday?
I had a good view of You and Froh running nose-to-tail for the first half of the race.

Sunday the throttle linkage came apart.
Stepped on the gas coming out of corner 7, pedal went to the floor.
Idled into the pits.

Jerry

Drag coefficient of a 1965 MGB 0.4 Miata 1992 0.38 These numbers are for stock street cars. In race trim I am sure the Miata would still have the smaller numbers.

Mike

CD is only half the equation. A good approximation of the rest is frontal area.

msturminator":30nw5t0j said:
Drag coefficient of a 1965 MGB 0.4 Miata 1992 0.38 These numbers are for stock street cars. In race trim I am sure the Miata would still have the smaller numbers.

Mike

If my freaking huge Acura can catch a draft off a Miata, an MGB sure as hell can too. Moot point anyways, as the run out of the corner is gonna have a MUCH bigger effect on who/what runs better down a straight line.

Back