lp weight penalties

Kerry Foote

Can anyone tell me where in the GCR I can find the weight penalties for non stock dampers. I see where the subject of alternate gear engagement is laid out but I cannot find anything about prep 1 suspension with a prep 2 engine. Thank

Are you trying to mix and match level 1 and level 2? There's no such provision.

As far as I know, the shock rules are the same between the two levels -with the exception that L1 cars can choose pickup points.

Maybe it would help if you specified which car?

There's a very select few classifications in Prod that allow for a Prep1 chassis and a Prep2 drivetrain, but the number of them can be counted on one hand, and they're spec line specific.

There are only a handful of HP cars that are allowed the hybrid Level 1/Level 2 prep.
Not sure about the other E and F prod...
These are identified by going to the PCS section of the GCR and looking up the individual spec lines for each car.
In the first column labeled 'Prep Level' it will be listed one of three ways...
"Level 1" i.e. Full Prep
"Level 2" i.e. Limited Prep
"Level 1/Level 2 See Notes" i.e. Full Prep suspension, Limited Prep Engine/Drive Train

In HP, I think only the BMC Minis, Spridgets, Fiats, and Spitfires have this option.
Shoot a PM to Bartell for more info as I am pretty sure his car is a hybrid 1/2 prep level.

Back