Live Timing, Notes available from TWS Super Tour Event

Good weekend weather wise. Weber set new track record Sat in HP then promply broke. I went up with two new sets of wheels and one set of new tires. One set of wheels didn't fit the rear (calipers were touching the inside half) so I ended up running almost corded tires Sunday on the rear that quickly went to cord and the fronts were not much better. It was all I could do to keep the car on the track. Four double yellow laps helped me learn the "new" setup and I was able to go a little faster after the green, but not much. Saturday I did my normal three lap Q with terrible results. Weber was way in front of me and I was trapped behind two cars that were much faster down the straights and they drove pretty wide in the tight stuff to keep me from passing. Clean, just too wide to get by them. I'm thinking about trying Goodyears next race to find out if they will last longer. At least the car was faster down the straights with the lighter wheels, flywheel and clutch. I was 4 lbs. over minimum when they weighed me after getting out of the FF (7th and 5th there).

James

James Rogerson":34m8dght said:
Weber was way in front of me and I was trapped behind two cars that were much faster down the straights and they drove pretty wide in the tight stuff to keep me from passing. Clean, just too wide to get by them.
Sounds like you got stuck behind Cohen as well... Man that was frustrating. Wish I had taken video of Istook and I chewing on his bumper from T3 to T13, then he'd take off and leave us both on the front straight. He had so much more power, I'd be beside him in T2 and then he'd pull in front again by 3. From braking into 3, I'd be on his bumper through the rest of the course.

Weber did in fact crack the head on his car and then found the diff gone as well. Hopefully he'll have the car fixed by the next race. We were laughing about how far back I was on grid and no chance to catch him and then he got clean away and set the track record on top of everything. Going to work on my car and driving a little more for TWS. I spent all race passing and getting repassed by the Audi and the GTL. Very frustrating, but that's what I get for qualifying so far back.

James

Back