June Sprints

ron olsen

The track has been completely repaved and for me I say it was really nice. I believe both of our races went off with major issues. I hear a few cars tangled in race 1. I didn't hear any incidents in race 2. Race 2 was interesting as it started to drizzle and then rain, then pour. The track was absolutely treacherous. It seemed like the water had no where to go but up. You couldn't give any throttle or steer it or it was in a spin. The race was checkered 3 laps early because of lighting.

Haven't really been able to log in for over a month but finally got reset! Lol
First weekend out with the Mazda 2 and I was really impressed with what Mark Brakke put together with this car. No real issues with the car whatsoever. Worked on getting faster every session and had a really good time starting further back in the prod field than I've been used to in the EP car. Chris actually had better pace than I did but I got some good breaks in traffic and was able to slip by with the help of traffic on Saturday.
Sunday I once again made it through other class traffic and actually had a pretty good lead when the drizzle started. Thankfully they checkered the race early and it was like black ice out there. Chris made up almost my whole lead in one lap, I'm assuming because I had no idea what this car would do in those conditions and really was happy to see the checkered flag.
Slowed way down on the cool off lap, went wayyyy off in turn 1. Slowed down even more when I saw Aaron Johnson spinning between 1 and 3 and then almost made it to the gravel in 3 even in second gear. Super sketchy. Went the rest of the way around in 1st gear hoping I'd make it up the pit lane. Craziest and slipperiest track I've ever been on in over 20 years of racing.
Unfortunately Steve Sargis had problems that weekend and didn't finish either day. Good test weekend for the car and me. Things to do before next season.
Time to get the BMW ready for Greg for the runoffs and then the new owner after that.
A really good and fun weekend though!

Back