June Sprints......anyone? Anyone? Buehller?

Dayle Frame

Any kind of update? Remember, "it's not just another race".....inquiring minds NEED to know what's what from over there.

Dayle

E Moser

F Kannard

H Gauper

GTL Dentci ???

Some made a not so good tire choice to start the race and that decision became a better choice as the laps wound down.

Crazy race with a track that started damp and slick but started to form a dry line after 4-5 laps.

In EP,
Brakke had the overall pole and started on slicks but spun at the start in turn 1 and dropped way back. By the end of the race he was 8 seconds a lap faster than the first three cars.
Result 1 - Moser, 2 - Grahovec, 3 - Coffey all on rains.

In FP,
Kannard and Sturm started on rains. Lamb, Froh, and Hart went out on slicks.
Kannard checked out early on rains and built a decent gap.
Froh got sideways in front of me in the carousel on the first lap and dropped back.
Hart took it easy for the first few laps until his tires came in.
Lap two, Lamb slid off at turn 13 and tagged the wall.
Froh recovered and was flying after the halfway point when his tires came in and closed within 5 seconds of Kannard...and was 6 seconds a lap quicker. Hart was also flying near the end but was too far back to close the gap.

In HP,
Matt started on pole on intermediates. Trainer and I went out on slicks.
I gambled that 1) the track was going to come to me, and 2) Matt was going to get held up by traffic and wasn't going to be able to take advantage of his tire choice. I gambled correctly.
Trainer held off Buehrer but don't know how they ran other than what I can see on Mylaps. Looks like they ran close early? Mark Brakke still fighting fuel pump issues with his new build. The half lap that it ran decently he managed to stay glued to my bumper up the front straight so that car looks like it has a lot of potential once he solves his fuel woes. I saw that he was parked near turn 14 after the first lap so I don't know what happened to him.

GTL
All four FWD cars started on rains. Sargis was on slicks.
First lap, Clark got punted off at three and backed it into the wall hard.
He was okay but is probably very sore and stiff this morning.
After the first lap, Dentici and Bovis led with Sargis third and only 2 seconds slower than Dentici. Starting the next lap, Steve went too deep on the brakes at turn 3 and got stick in the pea gravel. The race between Dentici and Bovis came down to rain tire management, with Dentici sqeaking by at the end.
McCusker inherited third.

In car video from the race:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0MXIR9KHBU

As Greg mentioned.. I am very stiff and sore this morning.
Basically got tagged in the rear coming out of turn 3, it shot me across the track and on to the wet grass. All over after that. Just along for the ride to the wall...
Ended my season right then and there.

Back