Jersey Devil NESCCA NAtional at NJMP

Terry Hanushek

The South Jersey Region will be conducting the Jersey Devil NESCCA National races on the Thunderbolt Raceway circuit of New Jersey Motorsports Park on 4-5 June. There will be a separate SCCA Test Day on Friday, 3 June on Thunderbolt.

Prod, GTL and STU have their own group.

Online registration is now open at on the DLB site - Select South Jersey Region as the Club to see the event calender.

Supps and Schedule ... Entry

Terry

For those of you that haven't made it to NJMP yet, it's a great track. Very fast corners that challenge you to not lift and slow corners that you rocket out of.

The SJR folks are very friendly and put on a great show. They've even had trophy girls for the podium ceremony!

There are garages for rent, very nice facilities, and plenty of places to eat and stay near by.

-Kyle

I believe we're finally heading up there this year for the first time. Couple of questions: is the Saturday night social a real dinner or just snacks? Electric hookups vs no electric? I checked both the supps and NJMP's site and see some conflicting info - there is electric, there isn't, there is but not much. There are showers, yes? I read that there are, but they don't show up on the pdf map I found on the site. Anyone got some good track videos posted anywhere? Thx!

I'd like to ask for a split start with one group being STU and the other being small bore.

Anyone else up for this?

Having them blast by at the start and then hold me up for the first few laps last year was no fun.

-Kyle

Hi Carolyn,

Per Terry H on the IT forum:
"There is electricity available in the paddock - check with NJMP Security at the main gate to make arrangements for a hookup."

The showers are in the building with the racing supplies retailer (used to be CDOC) and where the restaurant is. They are on the side facing the track tear turn 3.

There are tons of videos on youtube. Just type in "NJMP Thunderbolt".

See you there.

-Kyle

Carolyn

I believe we're finally heading up there this year for the first time.

Great .. I see Tom has already entered

Couple of questions: is the Saturday night social a real dinner or just snacks?

Our Saturday evening hospitality parties generally feature grilled hot dogs, sometimes chicken along with a variety of salads and side dishes. More than snacks, approaching dinner.

See ya at the races

Terry

Yup yup...Tom's signed up, and I signed up for grid. Not sure if Charlie will be expanding the Broring family coverage by being in the tower or not...

Thanks all for the answers! Helps me figure out if I need to stock up the motor home. :ask:

To all the South Jersey folks, thanks for hosting a great weekend, and Congrats to all the winners!! We'd never been to the track so it was a new experience for us. I don't think, in all the years we've been doing this, that we've ever been to an event where so many people asked us if there was anything we needed, were we having a good time, was everything ok, etc. etc. Nice group of folks who really seem interested in people getting the most out of their weekend.

I caught a lunch-time ride in the passenger seat of a Vette so I could get a look at the track. It does look interesting with the blind hill and the greater-than-90-degree turn...wish the guy I was riding with knew the line!

Huge props to Terry H and all of the workers at the Jersey Devil National. This is a great event. If you didn't make it this year, you wont regret putting this event on your schedule for next year.

As Bob said, we had a great weekend. National small bore is the place to be. Great people, great cars, and great driving (even you Charlie :shock: :lol: ).

Thank you to The 71 Crowd; one and all. You guys make this fun!

I cant wait for Watkins Glen!

-Kyle

Back