Jensen Healey information

Jay Lutz

Looking for technical information on 1974 ish Jensen Healey's. What's a good source for information like:

things to look for when buying
known issues
parts in common with ?
where to buy parts
ever come with AC? details

Thanks, Jay

R. J. Sorensen":6sn9v4mq said:
Think Tom Kraft still has his Jensen. Possible source for some information.RJS
Several years ago, Tom also had at least one street Jensen. He probably still does ... PM me if you want a phone number.

Kelley Huxtable
"PLAY SAFE"
DMVR

Doesn't Andrew Wright or Gary Johnson have one too? I seem to remember some flap at the runoffs about it being mis-classed in H by mistake or something to that affect.

On of the most under valued cars available right now. Great handling, spacious interior, Lotus first twin cam 4 valve per cylinder production engine. Biggest challenge finding a rust free car.
Delta Motorsports in Arizona has the largest inventory of parts. Dave Bean Engineering for Lotus engine. http://www.jensenhealey.com/forums/view ... y.php?id=1 Website/forum
http://jensenhealey.com/market/marketplace.html
Huffaker Engineering campaigns a competetive EP Jensen Healey.

Cheers
Michael Sturm

Curtis, the 5 speed does not have overdrive. It is a close ratio box with a 3.55 final drive, 4 speed has 3.73 final. :lol: :D

msturminator":252f96br said:
Curtis, the 5 speed does not have overdrive. It is a close ratio box with a 3.55 final drive, 4 speed has 3.73 final. :lol: :D

Interesting. Thank you for correcting me. I did not realize the 5 speed had a 1:1 fifth gear. I have only driven the 4 speed variety and always felt like they desperately needed another gear. Maybe just the longer rear axle ratio would help. Love the cars. Sorry for the misinformation.

They catch fire from oil leaks onto the exhaust. And from the original plastic carb fuel T and fuel lines.
The 907 runs really well with 2in SU carbs in place of the baby strombergs. Or better of course the twin webers /Dellortos.
The cab structure was pretty stout until you get a little rust. They handle well stock .

Have fun , throw the stock intake out and let em rip
.MM

Yep, on Delta Motorsports, I know Mike, he is a good guy.

Joe Huffaker races a JH in vintage, so he would be a good guy to ask about them.

Protech Racing":16x09w3b said:
They catch fire from oil leaks onto the exhaust. And from the original plastic carb fuel T and fuel lines.
The 907 runs really well with 2in SU carbs in place of the baby strombergs. Or better of course the twin webers /Dellortos.
The cab structure was pretty stout until you get a little rust. They handle well stock .

Have fun , throw the stock intake out and let em rip
.MM

The Stroms and SUs are virtually identical. Both 1.75s I think. Webers/Dellortos are better. The Stroms will work fine though. Main weakness is as with any CD carb and that is no accelerator enrichment circuit.

First sentence is correct. The motor is leaned over on its side, leaks from the cam cover and immediately below it is the header. Don't wrap the header, POOF!

The structure is not solid. When we built the ITS car, before the cage, you could jack up one corner of the car and the other 3 wheels stayed on the ground. Rust free car. The frame rails are narrow as hell.

Decent handler on the street though I agree.

The 5 speed -- avoid it. It's a very rare Getrag box from the 2002 Turbo. Something like a few thousand of them in the world. It's weak too. The 4 speed is a Chrysler box as is the rear end. NOt ideal but much more reliable and easier to source parts for.

They had a/c.

rust it the biggest issue.

There is a 5 speed conversion kit someone makes from a Toyota Supra.

Back