January 2013 Prelim Minutes and Tech Bulletin

So, I wrote my first letter ever to the CRB jumping on the aftermarket rod issue for all LP cars.

It seems I (we) got a well written non answer. Is that a yes, or a no? It felt like a no, but definitely not a clear no ... one could believe there's still a chance?! :think:

Think Racing said:
So, I wrote my first letter ever to the CRB jumping on the aftermarket rod issue for all LP cars.

It seems I (we) got a well written non answer. Is that a yes, or a no? It felt like a no, but definitely not a clear no ... one could believe there's still a chance?! :think:

The secret is to keep writing those letters, and have plenty of other racers willing to do so as well, and include as much data as you can, for example what does the aftermarket rod weight you want to run, compared to stock. Can you prove to the CRB, you have documented failures. The CRB always figures racers have something up their sleeve, and for good reason, most people do, but if you keep pounding them with common sense, they normally see things your way.

We wanted to get heim joints for outer tie rods, and rear disc brakes approved for all limited prep cars, I know how stupid that sounds now that they would not allow this on these cars, but they wouldn't. I remember the ignorant statements made here at the time, mostly by full prep drivers protecting thier turf, and some by a certain CRB member at the time, that LP cars were supposed to handle worse than full prep cars, but eventually we got rid of that comp board member, and a few self serving ADHOC members, and got those very basic rule changes, because they made perfect sense. Sometimes you have to flush the idiots out of the system to get what is right to be done. Now you know why I have little to no use for certain idiot that hangs over on the MGex forum now, he was the problem, we got rid of problem, and then there was no more problem :) One of the issues the SCCA has always had, are self serving people in postions of great decision, people not clever enough to see the big picture, too worried about taking care of themselves and thier buddies, and too many non racers trying to run racing. I don't mean any harm, but just because someone flag corners for 25 years does not make them qualified to run a race club of this size, doesn't mean a flgger cannot be the one to advnce the club, but yo elct people based on merit, it's not a popularity contest, kinda reminds you of church deacons, electable, but not quailfied. Racers can blame themselves mostly for this, because they thought voting for the BOD and club politics are beneath them, yet these elected people mold the future direction of this club. Then even when racers do elect a BOD member, they get stabbed in the back, thats kinda how GP died, we elected someone who made us promises, and then he turned on us.

I don't miss any of this BS.

Back