Hypothetical Rules Question for new racer

jimmypet

Thanks for all the help given in this thread.
I have gotten out of it what I asked for and have deleted the original question.

Thanks for all your help.
Cheers
jimmy p

Tough one. Maybe point out to him that he is outside of the rules, and ask him to change it.

Does it make his car significantly faster?

[tech hat on]Tech cannot catch everything in impound. Everybody knows this. It encourages some to take liberties (then play dumb when finally caught).[/tech hat]

[driver hat on] If I know someone is taking liberties:
First have a friendly conversation letting them know they are non-compliant and suggest they correct the issue, you know before tech finds it and they get disqualified and labeled a cheater.

IF they chose not to do so speak to the others in the class and as a group inform the non-compliant driver he/she to make corrections to make the car compliant and that they are on notice.

At this point they know it is wrong, they know others know it is wrong, and if they chose to continue you and the rest of the class members know it is will full. Which leaves you with two choices, drop paper or be the nice guy who always finished second and drop it.[/driver hat]

And I'll stop there.

Try to call them before the next race. No one likes to get at it at the track. Be nice, but upfront, make the statement about the TR and his car, and ask that he withdraw it. If he gets pissy, protest him as as soon as he turns a wheel.
Explain that it just the rules, nothing personal. IMHO. Mm

Thanks guys, I have gotten alot of valuable information from you both on forum and off.
At this point I am probably going to delete my thread.
It has given me what I needed.

Cheers
jimmy

Please don't delete it. The next time someone has this question and does a search they may find this and get their question answered right away and not have to wait for someone to answer them.

OK, I will edit the original post to be less specific and leave it.
Thanks again for the advice
Cheers
jimmy

Back