Hoosier Radial slick 245/580r15

Where are you located. Best place to get knockoffs are at any Major's race.
My next is NOLA and will have at least one, maybe 2 sets.

Don Tucker
EP Miata

Don's from Memphis (check the avatar)......if you want cast offs, contact the tire suppliers and tell them that you'd like some and to set some aside. They'd rather give them away than schlep them off and dispose of them.

I used cast offs for the first couple of years. That saved me a bunch of money which I could better apply to other pressing needs.

Dayle

Look up the specs and see how close they are to other tires- like the SM 205/50/15. maybe you can use a set of those. I have 4 .
MM

I did talk to the tire supplier and they told me they normally do not provide those. Mike I have SM tires from last year but the are shorter and wider.

H2P Racing":1r3k52r6 said:
I did talk to the tire supplier and they told me they normally do not provide those.

That seems odd. Up here in MI, the GY folks never had any issues with me scavenging tires. Good luck with this. Reach out to folks on the entry list for races in your area.

Dayle

Also look up John Berget. www.JBracingtires.net
not sure if he does slicks, but I bought a bunch of DOT-Rs from him when I was running STU.

I was also readily offered by the BFG rep to dig through their pile behind the trailer at the COTA BFG Super Tour for all I could take home. If they were BFGs (and I had BFG on the car already as well), they would even mount & balance for free.
I wish I'd have thought about that earlier, since I had 5 sets of wheels sitting at the house! ;)

Back