Help needed in sliver city NM

TED HEINRITZ

Is anyone located near Silver City NM?

There is a car there that needs to be rescued and then once off the current owners property, would then need to be shipped to Philadelphia.

Seems there is a field full of Fiat 850's and a 128. Long time ago somebody started to convert the 128 to a race car, the ad says it is a 131, but the ad is rather vague.

Anyhow ad says it will all go to scrap, soon. I want the white 128 race car. Not sure where I will actually put it, might be difficult to hide....

http://lascruces.craigslist.org/cto/5432046760.html

I think that might be a 128 3P. Nice. PBS sticker on it. Hmmmm.... We have one of those that was built new by PBS and we still race it.

TED HEINRITZ said:
Is anyone located near Silver City NM?

There is a car there that needs to be rescued and then once off the current owners property, would then need to be shipped to Philadelphia.

Seems there is a field full of Fiat 850's and a 128. Long time ago somebody started to convert the 128 to a race car, the ad says it is a 131, but the ad is rather vague.

Anyhow ad says it will all go to scrap, soon. I want the white 128 race car. Not sure where I will actually put it, might be difficult to hide....

http://lascruces.craigslist.org/cto/5432046760.html

Correct it looks like a 128 3P.

Not sure if the PBS stickers mean anything at this point. Might not be much left of the car.

The ad says it's a roller, so who knows how much is actually included.

It would also be sad to have all that 850 stuff go to scrap.

All true Ted but in NM the body might be decent and from the pics it looks a lot like the PBS cage and interior on our car. Maybe or maybe not but sure hate to see it go to scrap. I wonder if Matt Brannon might be interested in the whole lot and maybe then you or I could duke it out for the 3P ? :twisted:

TED HEINRITZ said:
Correct it looks like a 128 3P.

Not sure if the PBS stickers mean anything at this point. Might not be much left of the car.

The ad says it's a roller, so who knows how much is actually included.

It would also be sad to have all that 850 stuff go to scrap.

Well yes one problem with asking for help with this, somebody else might want it... But at least it then would not go to scrap.

Ideally somebody would want a bunch of the 850 stuff and not care about the 128.

The 128 could be a interesting vintage car, or maybe SCCA would SPEC it for H PROD.

I don't expect anyone to help out for free, but actually getting it seems like a rather complex operation for what the prize would be.

But if I were sane I would not have the cars that I currently have anyhow.

Life is to short to drive boring cars.... No sane person owns a Maserati Bi-turbo.

Talked to Matt and he is aware of them but it is really to far away for him. :( Let me know if I can help.

TED HEINRITZ said:
Well yes one problem with asking for help with this, somebody else might want it... But at least it then would not go to scrap.

Ideally somebody would want a bunch of the 850 stuff and not care about the 128.

The 128 could be a interesting vintage car, or maybe SCCA would SPEC it for H PROD.

I don't expect anyone to help out for free, but actually getting it seems like a rather complex operation for what the prize would be.

But if I were sane I would not have the cars that I currently have anyhow.

Life is to short to drive boring cars.... No sane person owns a Maserati Bi-turbo.

Bob

Are you near where these cars are located?

If you are close to where these are located, maybe we can work something out?

I would be in no hurry, the only time issue, would be getting any wanted stuff off the current property, before it is scrapped.

feel free to use my E-mail ted83 @ Comcast.net

I'm in Milwaukee Wisconsin so not much help I guess

TED HEINRITZ said:
Bob

Are you near where these cars are located?

If you are close to where these are located, maybe we can work something out?

I would be in no hurry, the only time issue, would be getting any wanted stuff off the current property, before it is scrapped.

feel free to use my E-mail ted83 @ Comcast.net

Bob

Since you still race a Fiat 128, I might one day need some tips and advice.

Can you share some pictures of your car?

Do you race yours with SCCA or vintage?

Sent you an e mail.

TED HEINRITZ said:
Bob

Since you still race a Fiat 128, I might one day need some tips and advice.

Can you share some pictures of your car?

Do you race yours with SCCA or vintage?

Ted:

Looks like the 128 may be available without the rest of the cars…

http://bringatrailer.com/2016/02/20/soon-to-be-crushed-seven-fiat-850-spiders-one-128-coupe-racer/

Rick

Well I had hopped to have someone look at the car, and check to see if there were any other parts there for it. That didn't work...

So I contacted the guy directly.... That might not work either. I thought we had a deal set up, now he tells me he is considering other offers. Now how many people could possibly want this thing anyhow.

If I do get the car, might have to hide it, and not sure how. The wife claims I should finish one thing before starting something else, now that just sounds crazy. If you get stuck on one project, it is always a good idea to have 4 others going.

I figure the 128 would fit right in with some of the other stuff, I have a Fiesta (front drive race car) and a Fiat X1/9 project car. The X1/9 is almost a 128, all the mechanical stuff is just swapped front to rear. So if I can fix one the other is just backwards. I often attempt to assemble things upside down or backwards anyhow.

Tech hint, 2-1/2 inch exhaust with a flow master muffler, only slightly reduces the noise of a fiat X1/9. I of course did run it after installing the header, so I do know what it sounds like with no muffler, the twin sidedrafts don't help with noise reduction either.

Ted. It made Bringatrailer Saturday. Seller probably busy answering inquiries even if from people who will never buy

http://bringatrailer.com/2016/02/20/soon-to-be-crushed-seven-fiat-850-spiders-one-128-coupe-racer/

Well that could be part of the problem, the other issue is just luck.

It seems the seller might be going to Ohio to pick up a car he might be buying, if he does, then he can bring the 128 to Ohio and I can pick it up from there. I cover his travel cost and we both get a fair deal. Doesn't work if he doesn't buy the other car.

Also he has some local interest, that would be easier from him.

Of course I don't really need another car, of any kind, but how can I pass up one like this. Wait that is how I ended up with the ones I have now.....

Might have to eventually sell a car, that sounds like a bad idea....

Back